Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

lisa Kent Kiter
Topic Author

review my site!!

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:53 pm

Hi..I am new to this forum so firstly hello to everyone! :D

I would like you to review my site ....if you are interested in sending me your pics that would be cool..one of the latest posts was from David Sabilino...5 x USA Freestlye Champion!!

Good Kiting to you all and merry xmas :D

lisa.... http://www.driftwoodcompany.co.uk/page34.html

Let me know what you think..good or bad!!

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:17 pm

Hi Lisa, welcome to FA. I will add a link to your site in the links section. There's a few on here from your neck of the woods that get out to Camber and Godstone. A few SEKA members too.
Jason.

lisa Kent Kiter
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:54 am

Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi Lisa, welcome to FA. I will add a link to your site in the links section. There's a few on here from your neck of the woods that get out to Camber and Godstone. A few SEKA members too.

Hi Jason,

Many thanks...that would be cool...I will check out your site and see if I can find a recpricol link...what is your site address?!!

Camber is one of my haunts...-mostly in the Summer as there are closer beaches -so it would be good to hook up with other kiters in the area!!

lisa

Andy S
King of FA

Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:20 am

Jason means he's put your site into the Fractured Axel Links section (specifically here).

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:26 pm

Hi Lisa,

Been down at Camber for the last 3 afternoons getting to grips with my new Akuji. We (Kent Kite Flyers) usually fly near the Kit Kat Cafe, except in summer when it's crowded and we head up to the west (Rye) end of the beach where space to fly may be found when the tide is out.

Come & meet us next time we're there.

lisa Kent Kiter
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2005 4:42 pm

Jason means he's put your site into the Fractured Axel Links section (specifically here).

Opps...blonde moment..and I am new!! :oops:

Been down at Camber for the last 3 afternoons getting to grips with my new Akuji. We (Kent Kite Flyers) usually fly near the Kit Kat Cafe, except in summer when it's crowded and we head up to the west (Rye) end of the beach where space to fly may be found when the tide is out.

sftonkin...were you there today? I have just spookily returned from Camber (well- left there at about 1pm when the tide was coming up!)

Thats wierd..I haven't been there for ages..me and bfriend met a wicked girl flyer..hurrah some female company and a guy called Lem...and Stickman!!

We were down by the groins..as we had boards. U there?!

Will definately hook up soon... :lol:

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:49 pm

lisa Kent Kiter wrote:
sftonkin...were you there today?

Yup -- for a couple of hours until about 2pm.

We were down by the groins..as we had boards. U there?!

Nah -- groynes wreck leading edges! Anyway, last time I took advantage of the free parking that end and flew there, had some prize wuzzock PKer buggying over my lines (with an inane grin on his puggish mug) when I landed.

I was by the Kit-Kat -- saw a few canopies up your end -- one of them yours?

Will definately hook up soon... :lol:

Very likely. 8)

lisa Kent Kiter
Topic Author

Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:22 pm

Nah -- groynes wreck leading edges! Anyway, last time I took advantage of the free parking that end and flew there, had some prize wuzzock PKer buggying over my lines (with an inane grin on his puggish mug) when I landed.

Yer Tell Me About It. The last time I came to Camber I had a really bad drag..I learned not to try and launch a 2metre blade in 28-35mph wind...you get dragged very long distances even after you have killed the kite!!

They are totally raw kites...the most viscious I have ever flown..it's mad isn't it considering they are one of the smallest!!

I was by the Kit-Kat -- saw a few canopies up your end -- one of them yours?

Not today..We did come armed with equipment but took my camera but when I saw this other girl Kiter doing stuff I couldn't resist watching/photographing her...she is wicked- her name is Natz.

We will probably meet up soon in the New Year..after all this xmas stuff is over!!

Good Kiting!

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Dec 24, 2005 8:24 am

lisa Kent Kiter wrote:
They are totally raw kites...the most viscious I have ever flown..it's mad isn't it considering they are one of the smallest!!

I wouldn't know -- I am pretty ignorant about foils (although I did arse about with a Radsail for a bit, but having flown a few loops and lemniscates and got it to drag me and lift me a bit, there didn't seem much more to do with it apart from find new and interesting ways of breaking bits of me). Kite surfing looks fun, though.

We will probably meet up soon in the New Year..after all this xmas stuff is over!!

Sure -- keep an eye on the forum at the KKF site for when we're there next. (Our Camber fly-ins are usually impromptu, and determined by wind, although we are negotiating to hold a mini festival there in the summer.)