Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

audiorob

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:39 pm

Craig wrote:
The Genesis that I flew wasn't very nice at all, a pale imitation of the Nirvana/Opium.

Must say having used both kites now as my 'main kite' I feel the exact opposite. Genesis being much more refined and a completely different 'feel' than the nirvana. Genesis is a much more gentle kite that allows you to define how it's going to move (fast, quick, floaty or hard) whereas with the nirvana you're pretty much stuck swinging your arms like a gorilla... at least that's how I feel after having flown the genesis for a while.

But the beauty of people is that we're all different :)

audiorob

Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:41 pm

Bugly wrote:
Neil, Robert from Oz here, do you include the vented in the floaty catagory? I havent had much time on my Gens yet, floaty is a good descriptor of the Sul and UL but I am still getting to know the vent. Any suggestions on setup. The stock weight are still on the vent but I have moved one of the weights on the std to the rear.

With the SUL do you use any weights? Mine came without.

(sorry for the string of questions)

Robert

The vented flies a lot 'nicer' with 3 weights on the tail, one on the nose. Seems to be most genesis fliers end up with that configuration on the vented.

Ok, im going back to my hole for a bit :)

Neil E
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:44 am

Bugly wrote:
I am still getting to know the vent. Any suggestions on setup. The stock weight are still on the vent but I have moved one of the weights on the std to the rear.

With the SUL do you use any weights? Mine came without.

Hi Bugly - I've not got an SUL yet - but my Vented has a 20g of weight in the tail alone.

I have found that the Vented is just great in winds from 12 - 18mph - its like flyin in 4 - 7 mph breezes, but beyond that you have to revert to what for me is 'only high wind tricks'. Once I lose a little weight i'll be able to run faster and maybe do more - but it is a fairly big sail - even if its full of holes :P Still the best tip stabs i've been able to do.
KITE Rx

Bugly

Fri Oct 21, 2005 7:47 am

Thanks Rob and Neil,I will migrate weights to the back end, as I have already done to the Std. However this weekend may require nothing more than a UL such is life. Bought a green mistress Xtreme and still havent flown it cause the winds have been too high.

I quite like the Gens, and would not say they were a copy of Nirvanas or Stx2.3 (I have and like to fly my N and Stx), similar but different feel. I think the finish is not as good (reinforcements in particular) as the french manufacturers but I dont think they would fail (sort of like an old VW bug, not the greatest finish but tough as nails). I havent convinced myself that any one kite is the ultimate that all others mus be judged by and enjoy hacking around with a number of different ones.

audiorob

Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:19 am

You'll love your green mistress I think. Mine gets a TON of airtime. Probably about everytime I go it it comes out when the wind is in range at least for 30 minutes or so.

It's a real looker and super fun to yank around the sky :)
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

Bugly

Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:01 pm

Had bash with it yesterday Rob, very nice; wind started at 0 got to 13 mid afternoon and finished about 5 so flew everything from Gen SUL (Vnice) to Stx 1.8 and GM working my way up the wind range. Ended up with the Transfer XTr ,UL and Vv they are still my favourites although I enjoy the Gens and Nirvanas. If only there was a transfer SUL,

Cheers

Robert

pa79vel

Re: Genesis, Level One

Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:50 pm

A quick re-post: HERE

I would be very grateful for any specs!
in my bag: Eolo Genesis, Eolo Over, DIY l'Organic, Kitehouse Pulsar, DIY SixthSense, DIY Magnet, Fly-Acoustik UL, Level One Gentleman, R-Sky Shooter Classic, DIY D&N
http://www.youtube.com/user/pa79vel/videos