Oh !

zephyr

Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:52 am

Oh ! indeed.

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:43 pm

The kite comes with standard fury instructions which mentions it has no upper spreader insert. I've found the nose in turtle positions tends not to drop which causes rotations to be more difficult than many kites. I've now flown the kite with a loaded upper spreader which helps this though its lazy susans do lose altitude quickly. Its also difficult to two pop a yoyo though one pops are great.This is a bit frustrating as other features of its performance are good .
Any of carls sponsored fliers got any comments regarding this and also is the 2/5ths rule OK for yoyo stoppers. The yoyo line is very effective but thinking of replacing it.
Jeremy
Stratford upon Avon
England

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:53 pm

Are any of Carl's fliers out there... Hello...Hello...No...
Jeremy

Stratford upon Avon

England

shamu
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:47 pm

evening. sorry... at uni pretending to try and get a degree... always been a fair weather flier ;p

i'm still waiting on my production .85, so can't really comment until then i'm afraid...

shamu
::
Robin Smith
Sponsored by Carl Robertshaw: www.kitestudio.com
Fractured Axel Shop :
Shanti Lines (Nice one guys!)

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:38 pm

Jeremy, wrap the kite up, where the yo-yo line stops the bridle tow points from slipping down the LE, thats where you need to put the stoppers.

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:02 pm

, wrap the kite up, where the yo-yo line stops the bridle tow points from slipping down the LE, thats where you need to put the stoppers

I was going to do that Craig however reading Jim Bs Fury review at Eds site he was initially unsure about their placement - I thought I'd ask to see if their was any insider knowledge about any additional tuning tips.
Jeremy

Stratford upon Avon

England

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:29 pm

Bit like talking to myself on this but whatever. This kite is starting to grow on me, even though I generally prefer a much lighter touch kite. A heavier upper spreader (P400 with 6mm insert) works for me for turtle based tricks and still retains the one pop roll up and now getting a two pop as well. Put in the supplied spreader and its lightning fast roll ups ahoy. Its upper wind range seems impressive as the winds were making the lines sing and there was not frame shake. I would imagine carls fliers are really going to make this kite fly.
Jeremy

Stratford upon Avon

England

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:44 pm

It struck me that I was adding so much weight to the upper spreader that I'd be better off removing the tail weight which I did. After the shock of finding a 6mm carbon tube in the spine and the spine coming apart at the centre T where it is cut into two pieces I removed the weight and flew the kite with the P200 spreader. Almost the same as flying it with the loaded spreader and with a lower wind range though slower in going into a reverse turtle before a wapdowop (which the original was easy in acheiving). I am now able to add weight using lead in velcro up to 15grms rather than it being included from the off which I think for me is preferable.
Jeremy

Stratford upon Avon

England

fishface
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Nov 19, 2004 10:14 pm

No Jeremy your post are being read.I flew Chalkies at Dieppe for about half an hour which was probably not long enough to get a good feel of it,but I felt that I needed a bigger or different input to some of my routine moves than I would have normally have needed to do.I have a Fury and really get a thrill/buzz from flying that,the .85 I think I thought was going to be a bigger version of the DM.
It did roll up very nicely though :cool:

Peter

Eddie Green

Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:27 pm

Mmm. First flight. First of all this kite needs a light touch. Took it out in 2-3mph of wind, flew about the sky. Pop it on its back and go for the Lazy Susan. Wham. The thing wraps up!

Well it certainly Lazies easier than the full size beast, but still doesn't naturally flow into multiples. So half axel to fade. NP. Backspin - fairly flat. Good I missed that in the Transfer. I am sure you can mess with the weight to make better lazies / worse backspins but that is for another day.

Axel stuff is like its big brother. Crisp. Easy cometes. I found the .85 to be very pitchy. I need yo-yo stops on mine I think.

Need more than 45 minutes to get into this kite but it certainly has character.