Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

kostaaa
Topic Author

LumoKites - Dynamite

Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:38 pm

Hi,

in mid December'11 I got one of the early LK-Dynamites (actually, if we don't count 6-7 prototypes before that). I'm happy to say that I'm the first guy who starts to fly with this Explosive stuff after his designer Andonis Lumiotis.
So, one month later I can share with you some first impressions. I can't draw conclusions in hurry. Full review of the kite will be written in future.... probably 1-2 months from now at least!

Lets tell you my story. I had problem doing Taz machines (success 2/10 tries). With Dynamite I start to do nice looking Tazs from the first day!! This kite is absolute TAZ Machine Machine! :-D
I remember very well what thought pass through my mind "Ok, Taz is so easy... let's try Half-Axel Cascade to TAZ".... in next moment -> BOOM!!! and it's done! Mind reader!!! =D>
On the next try I messed my hand's movements... because I was shocked how easy that combination could be.... so, so excited to do HA-Cascade to Taz from first try!!!
This kite has so much ENERGY while spin that if you give 2 fast in-puts for Taz after completing the whole rotation you can pull Slot machine with a single in-put.... making looks like 900 degrees Taz...... smoth and FAST, not like double Taz with a lot of slack.

On the next day I start to make fast 3 in-put 540* Tazs!
Actually, we (me and Andonis) test the Dynamite for 4 days in Athens, ~5 hours each day (on the next day the weather was bad)..... and I saw Combinations that I've never seen before. He made some relax-looking side-slides..... and from that floaty movement DRAMATIC change -> Double Axel -> TAZ Cascade. Who could expect that the kite will start to spin like hell in Double Axel during side-slide.... :!: :?:

On the 3rd day I did everything that I have done one Stunt kite.... and on the next day I made Triple Yo-Yo with ONE strong in-put and a lots of slack. My mind is going for quad yo-yo in smother wind... :cool:

Experience like this reminds me that the most Important thing about one trick kite is how easy you can learn new stuffs. And this is not noticed in the characteristics. ;)

Now, I'm praying for better weather..... and want to go out to kick some Tazzzzzzz!!! :twisted:

Go Kiting!

fourmatic

Re: LumoKites - Dynamite

Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:57 pm

New trick kite from Greece. :cool: Review looks very promising.Must be a good video.

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:59 am

Would love to see some of these amazing spins on video!!

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:49 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
Would love to see some of these amazing spins on video!!

obi

@ kostaaa
Warning: don't *dare* name one of those tricks/moves ... or face the mighty wrath of Obi.

-Frazer
Last edited by fworley on Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:47 pm

For sure...no names...just video. :)

(I am just jealous because I just struggle to get air time.)

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

kostaaa
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 pm

Ok, here is small video:

http://youtu.be/sbSTwBQn3-8
On to hillside, Tricks on the 50% of the wind window, Bad wind.
1-2 weeks before that I couldn't Taz well.

I will make much better video in feature!
Here you can see some tricks from Andonis.... also will make better video soon!
http://youtu.be/qZVRmzfxGDk
http://youtu.be/9ItWdA_h0IU

fworley, I've got your point! I remember the discussion in VF-21 topic... :-)
one good video can explain much more than many words.

Obi, is it right to say 3-input Taz for the first trick? I think, I have seen that name somewhere...

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:54 pm

OK, those 2nd two videos are convincing enough to keep me curious. :)

When I perform a taz machine on a Cosmic, I enter the set up the same as I do fpr a half axel...with two inputs, really. So my taz machines are all sorta three input moves. Not sure exactly...and I am NOT (even if I have sounded like it in past posts) the authority on these things. Just on naming. ;)

To me, the first video seems to be more axel-like flat spins. But from that angle, and in the obvious strong wind, there was probably a taz in there.

Thanks for the videos. I look forward to what you consider a good video!

obi

kostaaa
Topic Author

Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:09 pm

Actually, the wind in my video was 12-15km/h and it's coming uphill.....
I told you guys, this kite is Explosive, and spins really fast.... or slow if you want.

I don't make pre-tug for half-Axel..... just single input -> slack -> tension the opposite line.
IMFO there is no need to pre-tug new school or well balanced kite for Half-Axel or Taz.
The 3rd input that I'm using is to speed-up the kite on exit.... and when is pretty turbulent/risk to lose the kite.

On this video you can see how the kite speeds-up with one extra tug.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOy0RwrMHMs
The 2nd Taz is "normal" 2-input...... nice & smooth :cool:
The wind is veery low as you can see (probably 3-5km/h).

ObijuanKenobe

Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Well, I can see when folks just use one line to half axel and for me it's a bit more loose in the snap.

If you are pulling it around with another input, is it really spinning or is it tumbling? IMHO a taz is defined by the float...so what you could be doing then is some sort of axel type thing.

In any event, I guess it is something.

Anyone?

obi

Sent from a long time ago...in a galaxy far, far away.

nino

Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:52 am

Hi to everyone :-D
one more small video of dynamite

http://vimeo.com/35230970

nino :-D

PAW

Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:24 pm

LIKE !
Account deleted !

nino

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Dynamite..... :D

http://vimeo.com/35845150

nino

harveystubbs

Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:58 pm

I would rather see these clips at normal speed so you can see the way the kite behaves. Nice vids though =D> ;)

nino

Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:59 am

this is the normal speed of the kite,exept of the 2 crazy copters that i put the slow motion.
there was a lot of wind at the begging and after the wind went down. :badgrin:

nino

kostaaa
Topic Author

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:50 pm

=D> =D> =D>

I told you guys..... side-slide to double Axel to Taz Cascade!!! Real Big FUN!
The Dynamite also can do Lifters very easy. It is important to be able to fly Negative (with the TE).... it's some kind of key element in the Air Acrobatics ;)