Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Mike Eibey
Topic Author

Flic flacs with reverse turbo bridle

Sun Apr 25, 2021 2:17 am

I'm flying a nirvana 3e. It's my only Kite with the reverse turbo bridle. I like having the turbo leg long because it makes the taz machine seem a bit easier to get around but I've noticed the longer I make that leg the harder flic flacs become.
The wide bridle makes the fade easier to control but when you give the input to drop from fade to flare the lines tend to move over the leading edge away from the nose instead of dropping the nose.
Is there a trick to getting the nose to drop on the first hit? Or on a side note, does anyway enjoy the turbo bridle setup over the reverse turbo?

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Flic flacs with reverse turbo bridle

Tue May 04, 2021 4:53 pm

Couple of things you can try. Firstly put a twist in your lines prior to entering the trick. This will help pull the lines in towards the nose of the kite during the pop from fade to flare. You could also put some yoyo stoppers on the leading edge if it doesn't already have some.. You can use a series of small pull ties spaced at about 1to 2 inch gaps to help catch the line as they run down the leading edge. Try not to allow too much slack to build up in the lines particularly when it enters the fade and hit for the flare as soon as the nose is coming up, dont hesitate. Good luck.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

Mike Eibey
Topic Author

Re: Flic flacs with reverse turbo bridle

Fri May 07, 2021 3:08 am

I use the line wraps usually because I'm usually doing yoyos also and have the yoyo stoppers. But I think your right when I hit the fade I tend to let it sit there for a few seconds before going for the flic flac. I'll try using the fade as more of a transitional move and see if that makes this a little more consistent.
Thank you!