Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

hgee
Topic Author

Where to buy parts in the UK to repair a Prism Quantum?

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:11 pm

Hi

This is my first post and I would welcome any advice!

Last week I was stupid enough to fly my Prism Quantum into a tree!!
I thought it was stuck there for good but with much pulling I managed to finally drag it out but found that one of the lower spreader rods was left behind!!

So I went on to the Prism US website and although the parts prices were fine the postage costs to the UK are an arm and a leg!

I have tried to contact the only UK dealer that I am aware of, Kiteworld, by phone for the last 3 days and only get the answerphone!

I am not impressed and want to know if I can buy alternative parts at a reasonable price from someone else in the UK?

I reckon I need some carbon 5mm rod and standoff retainers to put my kite back together.
Any advice on UK suppliers would be welcomed
thanks

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Where to buy parts in the UK to repair a Prism Quantum?

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:26 pm

Zippy8

Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:31 pm

There is a section of kite shop links on the forum here.

Mike.

kevspilly

Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:08 pm

Buy 5mm rod here in the UK then If you want specific Prism fittings email Prism US and ask for a "small package charge".

When I had mine I think some of Quantum frame parts I think are carbon tube stuffed with glass fibre smaller rods. My advice would be replace them all with carbon tube. It made it a lighter more responsive kite but you'll need to learn how to avoid trees in the future. :lol:

Last time I needed specific Prism fittings for my Micron stack they charged $13 to ship them. That was cheaper than getting them else where in Europe!
All that matters in life is kite flying, love and work ….preferably in that order.

In the bag; Shhhhh... far too many to mention, don't tell the Missus!

hgee
Topic Author

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:39 pm

Thanks for the information guys

Has anyone ever actually spoken to Kiteworld?

Tried calling over 5 days (answerphone) and an email with no response ; pretty shoddy IMHO!

Flying Fish

Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:51 pm

That doesn't match my experience with them. I've bought stuff from them quite a few times in the recent past. They're not always the fastest to reply to e-mail, but I've never had problems getting in touch with them by e-mail or phone.