Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Something new ... KiteTec "SSM"

Sun Jun 14, 2020 12:22 pm

Some nice urban flying going on =D>

Toryu

Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:22 pm

Hi,
I do have two thoughts about the video and the kite.

kiteflying aside ... it is a advertisment video for a kite from the company kitetec ... I get no info on the kite.
Wingspan, weight, weights, used frame are not not even found on their website (which is kitetec.co.uk - not kitetec.com), no fielscards either.
And those are important informations for kite nerds like me before considering to buy the kite, just because with those AND the video I can decide, because of my expirience,
if this may be a kite for me.
(And yes, they say Icarex and Skyshark, but what else would they use for the price of 235 Pounds - much more expensive than the Magic Bus by thae way .. that was just a hundred :-) ).

Shape and especially Design ... sorry, but it just looks like a kite made by Ulzburger ... you may have seen or heard of the EOL, Return, POC or Escape, all which have a very similar design.
If you would have told me it is an slightly different designed Return, I would have believed you .. and I own two of those myself.
So, in my opinion the design choice was not a good one.

That aside ... it looks like it flies nice and I would love to get my hands on one of those to try it out ... but some other kites are on my list already before I will spend the money on this one.

Best regards,  Jens
"I started out with nothing and I still got most of it left ..."
Seasick Steve

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:55 pm

Toryu wrote:
Hi,
I do have two thoughts about the video and the kite.

kiteflying aside ... it is a advertisment video for a kite from the company kitetec ... I get no info on the kite.
Wingspan, weight, weights, used frame are not not even found on their website

I agree, more details would be good.

Toryu wrote:
Shape and especially Design ... sorry, but it just looks like a kite made by Ulzburger ... you may have seen or heard of the EOL, Return, POC or Escape, all which have a very similar design.

Most recent freestyle kites (from lots of different makers) have a very similar design, is it a surprise that this kite follows that route, not really.