Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Problem with Cosmic

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:16 pm

Obviously I ended up having to fly the Cosmic this afternoon. Trouble is I discovered that it does flic-flacs. What gives? I thought this trick was removed in the factory, as they say.

Does anyone know how I might fix this?

;)

Wonder how many people's heads this is going to go right over.

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:20 pm

Your technique is obviously at fault here !

It will do them ... but it requires good winds and much concentration ...
at least ... thats the case in my hands.

-Frazer

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:50 pm

I'm sure I've seen someone doing flic-flacs on an Element ( :shock: ), so it must be a timing technique thing.

Can't help any more than that.

711jrp

Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:01 am

I'm sorry Andy I must have brocken it, find out how much it is and I'll pay to have it mended.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

lasapcheong

Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:40 am

With great concentration and NO weights on the tail (plus some smooth winds), I can flic flac the cosmic though its a hit it and hold your breath affair.

However if I put any substantial amount of weight on it, probably 5 - 10 grams or more the Flic Flacs are totally gone. Did you manage to flic flac with weights on it?

-Darryl
"One Day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual line for a minute anywhere in the window"

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:39 am

I managed some flic-flacs yesterday too - not on a Cosmic, but I was flying next to one - is it contagious do you think, or was it just "Inetrnational Flic-Flac Day"?
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:02 am

I find that the flare need to be cut at exactly the right point, and then only very light pressure needs to be maintained to tease it back out. It's even easier on the Ghost for me.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

misterbleepy wrote:
I managed some flic-flacs yesterday too - not on a Cosmic, but I was flying next to one - is it contagious do you think, or was it just "Inetrnational Flic-Flac Day"?

"Inetrnational Flic-Flac Day"...it must have been.On the beach yesterday I had the most successful flic-flacs since I first did them last year :shock:

seales

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:03 pm

You should speak to Al, he'd managed to fix his before he let me have a go. Found thedeadspot almost every time. He had accidentally left a yo-fade installed though :).

Jon

4/5 people so far?

Tregolwyn

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:32 pm

Stan Doff wrote:
misterbleepy wrote:

"Inetrnational Flic-Flac Day"...it must have been.On the beach yesterday I had the most successful flic-flacs since I first did them last year :shock:

And on that very beach my 8 year old son managed a flic flac on a Spirit of Air Shockwave. Not a Cosmic in sight although I did get very close to one at Bristol the previous weekend. Do you think there may be an incubation period?

Paul

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:41 pm

Tregolwyn wrote:
Stan Doff wrote:
misterbleepy wrote:

And on that very beach my 8 year old son managed a flic flac on a Spirit of Air Shockwave.

Not genetic then :lol:
Tregolwyn wrote:
Not a Cosmic in sight although I did get very close to one at Bristol the previous weekend. Do you think there may be an incubation period?

Paul

It's a pandemic :shock:

Miles F

Re:

Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:07 pm

misterbleepy wrote:

Yes Keith, it is contagious and goes by the name "Slacklinus Old Schoolum" sometimes referred to as Prestonitus Majorum other symptoms consist of 540's and Magic Carpets but by then it may have become irredeemable. "Fun with your wind" :wink:
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

ericof

Re: Problem with Cosmic

Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Its hard to do a Fade on the Cosmic, a Flic/Flac is even harder.

The kite design-carateristics is so special that you have to do inputs on an other time-moment, than on an (regular) trick kite.

Its what ObijuanKenobi say´s: Do a Flare and cut it at the right time.

For a Fade:
Fly from top down wards en put your Cosmic in a Flare.
.critical moment.: Before the kite go´s totaly horizontal, the nose from you away, you have to pop the Cosmic in to the Fade.

You gives the pop to make the fade, just on the time when you see the nose is going away from you in a horizontal line, (This moment is very critical)
You make the pop to get your Cosmic into the Fade, same as on any other kite.

If you are to late, the nose is to far from you in a horizontale line, and than you give the pop, the kite turns and is going into a Back Flip.
To make a fade: put the Cosmic in Flare, just on time ( you see the nose turn down wards, don´t let it go horizontal away from you) give the pop input to get the Cosmic into the Fade.

For the Flic/Flac: get the Cosmic into the Fade, than pop it out into a Flare, than pop into a Fade. (beware of the critical moments).
Its hard to do it, but its possible.

The Cosmic is a faboulus kite with special flight caracteristics.
You have to do some other flighttechnics than usual, you always wil lurn on the Cosmic.

Everybody: have a good airtime.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Thu Nov 26, 2009 3:12 pm

This thread is just full of Whoooooosh! :lol:

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Ooooh .... so *thats* how one does a flic-flac ...

You learning something new everyday ....

-Frazer