Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Blownfuse
Topic Author

Prism Modulus anywhere in europe ?

Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:25 am

Hi !

I was thinking about trying out the Prism/LaserPro Modulus flying lines. Not that I think they are better than the Climax sets I have, but the modulus´es look real snazzy. :P

But I can´t seem to find them anywhere in europe, and ordering from US is a bit far out, with the shipping cost and added tax and customs fee. So, do any of you know, if there is a web-shop in europe that stocks these pieces of string ?
:cool:

kevspilly

Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:24 pm

I would get it from Prism US. I ordered some parts about the same size & weight of a line set and it cost $8 P&P.

UK customs dont charge duty on items less than 35 pounds but I´m not sure for Denmark, have a check and see!
All that matters in life is kite flying, love and work ….preferably in that order.

In the bag; Shhhhh... far too many to mention, don't tell the Missus!

Blownfuse
Topic Author

Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:02 pm

Ohh, you can rest assured that I will be taxed, VAT´ed and have a customs fee to pay, for anything bought in a non-EU country. Denmark is a great little land, but also in the absolute top, when it comes to taxes...
JoE Talon UL
MB Webbed Synthesis
AeroStar Stryke Fighter
What next...
Blue Moon MSE UL on the way
:-$

Andy S
King of FA

Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Check GWTW. Steve's well used to dealing with us foreigners. ;)

Blownfuse
Topic Author

Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:02 pm

He might well be, but here in Denmark we get to pay tax, vat and custom fee on anything imported from a non-EU country. That´s it, and since the danish post-service started checking foreign packages, instead of the customs service (As far as I understand, the post-service is sort of commision-paid. Which is the more pakages they deem tax/toll/vat-worthy, the more dosh goes in that departments pockets), it has become neigh impossible to NOT get a tax/vat/custom fee-bill, to pay before you will be allowed to pick up your parcel.
I love Denmark, but sometimes it´s hard.

damp_weather

Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:02 pm

It's a little similar in the UK, in that it is the post office who collects the fees before they will release the parcel, and charge a handling fee for the "service".

Suspect that it is customs who calculate the fee. At least we are told that any queries of the amount have to be addressed to them.