Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Sub
Topic Author

is there a name for this trick?

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:00 pm

Something I've been doing lately that looks quite nice...

Kite on the ground in a fade position but with the lines round the back and under the kite.

The knack with this I found is pulling up the tension just enough to bring the nose up as you're pulling the on the trailing edge, there's a point where it feels locked in, that's where to hold it. It helps to hold it there and let the wind catch it before the next input.
With a smooth but firm pull launch the kite, it will rotate back round and be ready to catch it in a fade.

I don't always manage to get it air borne, instead it flips round and plonks itself back on the lawn. I'm guessing this is wind speed, and launch technique. (the part when you need to let it catch the breeze before the final input)

And getting it into a reverse faded land in the first place is a bit of a mystery. I do it by accident so any pointers on that would be helpful

Thanks

benjai

Tue Feb 17, 2009 4:07 pm

Dunno if it's got a name, but getting into that position on the ground sounds like an over-rotated flare, or else an under-rotated downwards roll-up...

I like the launch straight to fade, from a fade position on the ground - Mind you, it really helps if you have roll-bars ;)