Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

tommymcmillan
Topic Author

Trouble double rolling my kite.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:57 am

I've got a Silver Fox 2.5 std and ul I can yo-yo wrap them both once ,but when I try for a second yo-yo wrap I always lose the first wrap. Any tips one how to keep this from happening. :?

tpatters

Mon Dec 22, 2008 7:21 am

I'm no expert and I am sure that there are other ways to do it, but the easiest is the 2 pop.

Most of my kites are actually easier to 2-pop after the first rollup than the first time - the kite just gets more pitchy for some reason (perhaps the sail deforming).

For a real treat - get the Trick or Treat DVD and watch Benson roll up the DS - it will blow your mind! If I remember correctly, he wraps it like 13 times.

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:08 pm

I agree – it is well worth watching Tim’s 13 wrap – awesome!

I would recommend watching this video… http://www.sportkiteflyer.com/Randyg_Tw ... rial_2.avi

It’s how I learnt the double roll up

Good luck!

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Trouble double rolling my kite.

Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:38 pm

tommymcmillan wrote:
I've got a Silver Fox 2.5 std and ul I can yo-yo wrap them both once ,but when I try for a second yo-yo wrap I always lose the first wrap. Any tips one how to keep this from happening. :?

You need to 'feed' the kite the lines, moving your arms forwards and backwards, a bit like rowing a boat (if that makes any sense :? )

When the kite's on it's back and rolling up, arms are moving forward, as the kite comes round to normal position, arms coming in to pick up the slack, then back forward as the kite carries on round for another rotation, usually whilst moving forward slowly........