Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

lasapcheong
Topic Author

Difficulty yoyo-ing the NFX Extend

Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:26 am

Hi,

Wondering if anybody out there with an NFX Extend have difficulty with theirs doing a yoyo? Mine stock is very hard to yoyo. It does them yes but under moderate winds (e.g. 8mph) I have to do big lunges to get them to yoyo. It takes a big arc to go around itself instead of rolling over itself.

I added 5 more grams on top of the stock 19gr and it improves it a bit but large footwork is still needed. 5 more grams making a total of 10gr extra seems to make it better but I don't like to add so much weight.

If any owners have measurements of the ULE and LLE connectors to the upper spreader and lower spreaders it would help a lot. I got the new bridle measurements from Roger so I think I'm good on that. Just need to make sure the connectors are in the right place.

Thanks
Darryl

bigwheels0

Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:48 pm

Yep, it does not like to roll up from rolling out of a fade & then popping it. The 2 pop method is a little better & I've found that dropping it into a turtle & a slight tug, then letting it roll up is the most reliable. It's a fun kite but has a smaller (usable) wind range then I am used to with the Fearless light. Also, right out of the sleeve the bridle set up was terrible. Oversteer was unbelievable. Had to move the upper adjustment up 1 1/4 in.

lasapcheong
Topic Author

Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:47 pm

bigwheels0 wrote:
Yep, it does not like to roll up from rolling out of a fade & then popping it. The 2 pop method is a little better & I've found that dropping it into a turtle & a slight tug, then letting it roll up is the most reliable. It's a fun kite but has a smaller (usable) wind range then I am used to with the Fearless light. Also, right out of the sleeve the bridle set up was terrible. Oversteer was unbelievable. Had to move the upper adjustment up 1 1/4 in.

That has been my experience too actually w.r.t. yoyos. If you have seen the promo video of the NFX Extend from R-Sky, there is a section in that video where the kite was doing 2 yoyos, 1 pop style. Here's where I feel a bit skeptical because in that video, did the flyer made any bridle adjustments and added a lot more weight? I flew it stock and I had to do enormous amout of running in order to get it to yoyo once, and the yoyo speed is really slow.

I added 10 more grams in total bringing the weight to a total of about 30 grams and it yoyo's just like that..However it seems like backspins and multilazies suffer in the looks department (backspins became less flat).

As far as the oversteer thats pretty much true in my experience. However I find that making the bridle a bit lighter than stock makes cometes harder. I just try to fly it stock and remember to keep both lines tensioned during normal flight, as well as pulling both lines to fill out the sails after a corner to mitigate the oversteer.

-Darryl