Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

urbank
Topic Author

Half yoyo

Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:20 pm

hello.
Exploring the yoyo trick i have noticed a small situation.
Sometimes i messed it and got only half yoyo. One line comes straight from the pigtal other is in yoyo position.

Given example:

Is there any way (trick way) of putting the kite with both line coming from the pigtal that means removing the "half yoyo".

Cumps

Tregolwyn

Fri Aug 29, 2008 7:26 pm

Can't see the picture so may have misunderstood your question but it sounds like one line is missing the yo yo. Having a few wraps in the line before you start helps avoid this, also trying the trick centre window (wind permitting ) can make things more even.

As far as getting out of a one line wrapped situation is concerned sometimes a tug on one line will solve it but more often than not I have to give up and start the walk of shame.

Paul

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Half yoyo

Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:02 pm

urbank wrote:
Is there any way (trick way) of putting the kite with both line coming from the pigtal that means removing the "half yoyo".

No

Aeri

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:32 pm

sometimes getting it on its back and pulling the one line makes it slip off if the line is outside of the yoyostoppers of rollbar but again... more luck then technique and long from effective 1/10 maybe...

the wraps before going in to the yoyo is solid advice... it sure helped me
Old school was a great school

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:37 pm

Aeri wrote:
sometimes getting it on its back and pulling the one line makes it slip off if the line is outside of the yoyostoppers of rollbar but again... more luck then technique and long from effective 1/10 maybe...

the wraps before going in to the yoyo is solid advice... it sure helped me

Sure, but the first yoyo on any kite is pretty much going to hit the yoyo stoppers. The only thing that could mess this up is either flying in turbulant wind, or flying in turbulant wind at the edge of the window.

I think practice is more important in this case. The 'miss' you describe is more common in multi-yoyos, even with roll bars helping.

Mark

urbank
Topic Author

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:06 am

thank you for your help ;)

I have a little problem im not english herefore i have some dificults in the language.

Can you confirm me that "Having a few wraps in the line before you start helps" is having the line with 2 or 3 loop's (like making 3 circles to the right?)

sorry for the stupid question ;D

Cumps

Aeri

Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:31 am

Can you confirm me that "Having a few wraps in the line before you start helps" is having the line with 2 or 3 loop's (like making 3 circles to the right?)

yes :-)
Old school was a great school