Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Infinitive
Topic Author

crazy copters

Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:30 pm

I'm trying to get this trick (on the Xtz) but am really struggling! The kite is fairly easy to get to rotate down, and I've seen from the few vids out there (of the xtz) that the input is when the kite is directly away, or even just after it starts to rotate back. But I can only get the kite to rotate back to normal flight (or get a tip wrap), rathern than a nice horizontal rotation... it looks like it should be a signature move of this kite so it's really getting to me that I can't grasp it.

Any insight or words of wisdom on this one?
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:34 pm

Try initiating the pop down from either the 11 or 1 o'clock position, like backspins are easier from an uneven fade....

TobyR

Wed Jul 02, 2008 8:48 am

Sounds like you might not be letting the nose of the kite rotate away far enough before the spin input?? I've found this with the Deep Space, that if I don't allow it to rotate far enough it just pops back into flight when I pop for the spin, although I never seems to have this problem with the Fury.85, so if you have one you could perhaps practice on that first.

Another thing which might help is to have a couple of twists in the lines, so they are less likely to slip down the leading edge when you pop for the spin.