Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Ninjak2k

Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:36 pm

Martin,

Those are some great videos! Love seeing both the kite and flier in the same shot. Hope you're planning to make some more!

~Dan

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:13 am

I have found that a good way to increase the success rate of the taz machine on the DS is to make sure you give no input with the lower wing hand before the first pop. Hold that hand against your thigh if you need to. This then means that the tiny bit of slack given to the top wing before the pop would cause a stight downturn of the nose which is what a lot of other people are saying is the way to go.

The problems seem to come with the second pop which only seems to work if the wing you're popping is slightly towards you (like the 540 where it works best with an uneven flare) By doing the first pop like the above it seems to make it flare out more like you need it to be for the second pop to work.

Hope this helps someone.
Jason.

ObijuanKenobe

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:27 am

@HiFly/Mike

That taz cascade is just a great trick sequence. I haven't heard mention of the UL version of the NRG, although it would seem that vid is labeled as the UL. Nice work!

I have been working on just getting taz machines on the L and R in close proximity. On my 'goto kite', the Sea Devil, this trick in and of itself is quite difficult already, so a taz cascade would really be a master-level trick on the SD in my estimation. And I am far from a master.

Thanks for the motivation.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

HiFly

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:30 am

---
Last edited by HiFly on Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kareloh

Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:48 am

After training for this trick a lot it was still a lucky trick. Sometimes i would have the feeling to do a few in a row... next session none at all.
Since we're are visiting Obi in Norway tomorrow (which will probably be a trip of intensive training:)), my mission is to learn a consistent taz.

ObijuanKenobe

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:04 pm

@Kareloh: Well, you'd better focus on my JL before you get all Tazy on me!

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

kareloh

Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:26 pm

If you still have the "problem" you had at the Bootcamp with the JL, you be JL'in continously in no time.

I'll trade you the Taz for it!

TobyR

Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:48 pm

kareloh wrote:
After training for this trick a lot it was still a lucky trick. Sometimes i would have the feeling to do a few in a row... next session none at all.

I have had really variable success with the taz too. I found it silly easy on Rob's (I think) NFX at Rougham, and I love the way R-Sky kites look with this trick - so smooth and clean - but have had limited success before and since with my own kites.

However, yesterday I made a big breakthrough by simply executing the taz higher in the window. Reckon I increased my success from 10-20% to around 70-80% (and nice-looking ones too) with this one modification. Not quite sure why this should be? Less chance of a tip wrap perhaps, which allowed me to let the nose of the kite to flare away more before initiating the spin?? Jason's advice also helped - cheers :bigups:.

Or maybe it was just one of my lucky sessions, time will tell...