Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Sub
Topic Author

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:56 pm

I tried it again today in slightly higher winds, I think I managed 10% success rate :lol: but walking forward helped a lot.
Pops too hard: I try and remember when flying UL to hold back on the inputs. The UL feels so much lighter than the STD, especially in 3mph breeze it's like a feather. I have tried practicing popping with just my wrists when flying UL, but it's hard and I forget ](*,)
Next time, I will try to focus on the one smooth motion, it makes sense now that I think about it.

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:40 am

Hi Emil

I agree with Obi, it looks like the inputs are a bit too severe.

When you fade from the axel, do you pull both lines for the fade? I did it that way with varying success until I watched Andy Preston's Tricky Flickery video. He recommends you pop the axel with one hand and then pull the kite into a fade with only the other hand.

Sounds a bit odd until you try it. For some reason it is a MUCH more repeatable way to get into a stable fade than popping both hands for the fade. And because the kite rolls over so easily this way, it also teaches you the PULL rather than POP.

Cheers
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

Sub
Topic Author

Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:38 pm

Kevin, I do one hand then the other. One input for the axel on one line, followed by an input for the fade on the other. It has a certain feedback about it when it works, a firm tug on one line followed by the other. Too late or early and I seem to miss it.