Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

ObijuanKenobe
Topic Author

Yo-Fades

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:01 pm

Fellow flyers, I am having loads of trouble even getting this trick started on my SDevils. Any tips? (I of course have already overviewed Randy's vid, and have seen the Kitehouse boys do it plenty.)

I am now thinking that I should first get a Crazy Copter going, as this trick involves less rotation in the yo-direction. (Not that I can get close on this one either. :? ) Silly?

I have been making real progress with my multi-lazies. Letting the nose drop deeper before initiating the rotations has made all the difference. And my taz machine comes and goes. But this yo-fade business is a real mystery.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

711jrp

Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:45 pm

As you quite rightly said ,you should work on the Crazy Copter first as the YoF is essentially the same hand movements but with the kite pointing downwards.
It helps if you walk in during the complete trick and only stopping to catch the fade itself.

Ps the SD light has one of the best ML I have had the pleasure of finding.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

kareloh

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:11 am

The amount of slack (just a little) to get the nose to flare a bit depends on the type of kite. It's like a nose-pop to fade, but the input after the nose-pop should be harder and then, like Pete said, give loads of slack/walking forward.

Did you try with the Andro allready? I remember i did 'm a few times in light wind.

ObijuanKenobe
Topic Author

Sun Feb 03, 2008 12:18 am

Yeah, indeed the Andro is easier to pop into a fade. Next session, I'll start with that one....

obi

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci