Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Miles F

Thu Dec 20, 2007 1:42 pm

Wowwa a combo I can actually do! (bit kite dependent at the moment but getting better). :)
A NOHD will be published for the DS in due course, till then wear sunnies.

Zippy8

Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:16 pm

Miles F wrote:
bit kite dependent at the moment but getting better. :)

It is a bit kite dependent, not in terms of getting it done but in terms of just how easy it is to make it look stitched together.

As it envolves pitching the kite and rotating it from two positions your weapon of choice needs to do all of these things equally well, preferably with similar levels of input. I find that with kites that require a gentle pop for this and a huge lunge for that it can look pretty disjointed.

The Dot Matrix just frickin' owns this combo. :rockout3: Even with me flying. :P

Mike.

matt
Topic Author

Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:17 pm

The Talon is fabulous at this... but then it's pretty good at everything I've tried! Interestingly I first did it with a Gemini UL but never managed with the (now dead) standard.
There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.
- Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

datenland
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:58 pm

For me it's practically impossible to make a Yoyo-Start with the XTS, too large, too heavy, me too weak/slow. I'm using a variant of the above to roll it in directly after a start:
Fadestart, half Backspin, Rollup.

Erik
You can make your neighbours think that you have fluorescent lights in all the rooms in your house by quickly turning the lights on and off several times before leaving them on.

matt
Topic Author

Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:28 pm

Nice, that works! As long as you get enough elevation from the fade.
There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss.

- Douglas Adams, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy