Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

 
sprdbryj
Topic Author
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Bristol , UK

Multilazy tips

Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:41 am

So what's the secret of a good multilazy?

My first 'good' kite was a Masque where you just put the kite into a turtle and popped a line for each rotation. Most kites don't sit in a turtle like that! As a result my attempts at Multilazies don't look pretty.

What are you looking for as the kite completes a rotation, and how do you 'tend' the kite to set it up for the subsequent rotations?

What is the timing of those inputs?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
 
User avatar
Bodyflight
Posts: 268
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:28 am
Location: Cornwall/Bedford
Contact:

Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:39 am

On a Deep Space you just pop hard and fast at the right point. Don't let the kite settle, keep it spinning like a top.

Cyniques are another matter on this kite. I can't do them.
 
User avatar
audiorob
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:40 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:29 am

What kite ARE you using?
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist
 
sprdbryj
Topic Author
Posts: 85
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:31 am
Location: Bristol , UK

Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:35 pm

X-Masque and Hellfire in standard winds, Mohawk in higher winds, Opera and CDC SULs.
 
User avatar
Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 3262
Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 7:20 pm
Location: QLD

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:38 pm

sprdbryj wrote:
What are you looking for as the kite completes a rotation, and how do you 'tend' the kite to set it up for the subsequent rotations? What is the timing of those inputs?

I pop for the 2nd rotation when the kite has only rotated 270 degrees not the full 360 degrees.
Last edited by Jason on Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason.
Image
 
User avatar
audiorob
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:40 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:41 pm

sprdbryj wrote:
X-Masque and Hellfire in standard winds, Mohawk in higher winds, Opera and CDC SULs.


x-masque and mohawk both do easy multilazies (but both require a soft touch and patience to do 'nice' multilazies on them). The opera can be quite fussy about it sometimes though...

If you want 'nicer' multilazies, you're just going to need to move to a larger kite with a deep turtle. 8)
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist
 
User avatar
kareloh
Posts: 1174
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:27 pm
Location: Rotterdam, Holland.
Contact:

Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:33 pm

And don't forget to give lot's of slack on the other line... i keep forgetting.
 
User avatar
KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:28 am

Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:18 am

I pop for the 2nd rotation when the kite has only rotated 270 degrees not the full 360 degrees.


That's interesting. I find multilazies easiest when I pop AFTER 360. i.e. let the first rotation go all the way round, and wait a bit longer , THEN pop - and pop each subsequent time at the same location. If I pop before 360, many kites will pull out of the turtle - especially ones which don't turtle very deeply.

Oh well, whatever works for you is the RIGHT way 8)
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia
 
User avatar
711jrp
Posts: 951
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:32 pm
Location: Next door to a crackhouse

Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:34 am

I'll vote for just before the rotation completes, I normally look for when the wing that you're going to pop becomes visable.
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers
 
User avatar
audiorob
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:40 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:09 am

mz53rl wrote:
I pop for the 2nd rotation when the kite has only rotated 270 degrees not the full 360 degrees.


That's interesting. I find multilazies easiest when I pop AFTER 360. i.e. let the first rotation go all the way round, and wait a bit longer , THEN pop - and pop each subsequent time at the same location. If I pop before 360, many kites will pull out of the turtle - especially ones which don't turtle very deeply.

Oh well, whatever works for you is the RIGHT way 8)


:D :D :o :o :-D :-D

....

:shock:
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist
 
User avatar
KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 208
Joined: Fri May 26, 2006 5:28 am

Sat Sep 01, 2007 1:03 pm

audiorob wrote:
mz53rl wrote:
I pop for the 2nd rotation when the kite has only rotated 270 degrees not the full 360 degrees.


That's interesting. I find multilazies easiest when I pop AFTER 360. i.e. let the first rotation go all the way round, and wait a bit longer , THEN pop - and pop each subsequent time at the same location. If I pop before 360, many kites will pull out of the turtle - especially ones which don't turtle very deeply.

Oh well, whatever works for you is the RIGHT way 8)


:D :D :o :o :-D :-D

....

:shock:
Okay Rob...what am I missing? :oops:
Kevin Sanders



Willunga

South Australia
 
User avatar
audiorob
Posts: 965
Joined: Sun Sep 25, 2005 5:40 pm
Location: St. Petersburg, Florida
Contact:

Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:04 pm

mz53rl wrote:
audiorob wrote:
mz53rl wrote:
I pop for the 2nd rotation when the kite has only rotated 270 degrees not the full 360 degrees.


That's interesting. I find multilazies easiest when I pop AFTER 360. i.e. let the first rotation go all the way round, and wait a bit longer , THEN pop - and pop each subsequent time at the same location. If I pop before 360, many kites will pull out of the turtle - especially ones which don't turtle very deeply.

Oh well, whatever works for you is the RIGHT way 8)


:D :D :o :o :-D :-D

....

:shock:
Okay Rob...what am I missing? :oops:


I'm being a jerk :evil: sorry. :oops:

I've never seen a kite that multilazies well after the full 360, and inputting after that amount of rotation generally pulls kites out of the turtle. I can't even imagine it being possible :shock:
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist
 
User avatar
sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Posts: 1957
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2004 8:43 am
Location: Fordingbridge
Contact:

Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:07 pm

Multilazies are a doddle on the Pulsar. Unfortunately, nothing else is....