Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

ninjinski
Topic Author

Sea Devil or Prism Qunatum Pro??

Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:55 pm

I really like the look of the Sea Devil and how it flys on the web and I see one or 2 here have one? Which kite would you guys recommend as best???

See here for Sea Devil http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=D37wqe8bSJo

James :D

bigwheels0

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:22 pm

If your buying new get Lam's Fearless. It gives you easy access to a bunch of new tricks that are not available to the QP or SD. Used: SD. Light on the lines, small inputs & no need to adjust anything. :badgrin:

datenland
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:27 pm

bunch of new tricks that are not available to the QP

for example?

Erik
You can make your neighbours think that you have fluorescent lights in all the rooms in your house by quickly turning the lights on and off several times before leaving them on.

audiorob

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:37 pm

bigwheels0 wrote:
If your buying new get Lam's Fearless. It gives you easy access to a bunch of new tricks that are not available to the QP or SD. Used: SD. Light on the lines, small inputs & no need to adjust anything. :badgrin:

And you'll not be able to do a lot of "not new" tricks that the fearless doesnt do well.

The SD is a much more well rounded kite and, imo, it's significantly more capable.

datenland wrote:

for example?

Erik

Just insane l/r. SD does everything else I'm aware of, and does most of it a lot better.
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

ObijuanKenobe

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:39 pm

I have a "complete set" of SDs. I am thoroughly pleased. Everytime I think I like something new, I come back home. I do fly my Androgyn alot, though.

SUL (Icarex, 2PT...3PT LLE mod, no weight save a ferrule in the tail)
Light (Icarex, 3PT...5PT spreaders, 10g tail)
MidVent (Nylon, 5PT...5 and 7PT spreaders, 25g tail, 4 vents)
Full Vent (Icarex, 5PT...5 and 7PT spreaders, 25g tail, 8 vents)

And for sale ;) :
Full Vent+(Nylon, 5PT...5PT spreaders, 25g tail, 10 vents)

I would recommend a midvent if you are only going to have one. Order it in Icarex for that extra response...or in nylon for extra durability.

I can't say anything for the Fearless, but the SD will keep you busy for years. And as you know, it does so much...so well.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

ninjinski
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:45 pm

bigwheels0 wrote:

Ive been looking around the web for Fearless vids and reviews - Found 1 vid and it looks like the fearless is a more slow moving perhaps heavier kite that ther sea devil - True?

ninjinski
Topic Author

Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:51 pm

Living in London with winds ranging from 5mph to a gusty 25 - which version do you recommend with the SD and with what options? Tnks James

kevspilly

Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:22 pm

Living in London with winds ranging from 5mph to a gusty 25 - which version do you recommend with the SD and with what options? Tnks James

Std SD with some Wah Pads and a little extra weight.

This will give you a lot of wind range for just one kite.
All that matters in life is kite flying, love and work ….preferably in that order.

In the bag; Shhhhh... far too many to mention, don't tell the Missus!

Infinitive

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:15 pm

ninjinski wrote:

Your first kite should not be anything other than a standard kite, yes it has been a windy summer, but ultra-lights and vents are grudging compromises - only standard kites fly how a kite should fly.

If you are a beginner you will break an ultra-light frustratingly often. If you are a beginner you won't be able to learn tricks in the wind that a vented kite flies happily in.

Welcome. :D
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

audiorob

Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:24 pm

Standard sea devil is all you need, if that's your choice in kite.
Anyway this cake is great.

It's so delicious and moist

yogegoy

Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:17 am

bigwheels0 wrote:
If your buying new get Lam's Fearless. It gives you easy access to a bunch of new tricks

Get a affoardble Prism Kite like the Qunatum. You'd be suprissed what it can do especialy in the area of begginers crash. It can easily handle 20mph with an intense pull that will break the Spectra 150#x80ft line it comes with. It can be broken down fitting it's bag. Has a nose impact suspension system so it comes out of most of the time from your booboo. After I flew mine for two months and learned my launch and landing skills I bought a Quantum Pro std. and up to an R-Sky Nirvana UL 8) .

Don't buy a kite because it says you'd be able to do the tricks it mentioned. Funny how they sell kites sounding like the tricks come with it. Buy a kite which will help you extract your basic skill and be able to take your oops reactions and not hurt your wallet that much. Being sensible is the first thing you need to learn when you want to get in this kind of activity. :rockout3:

Jeremy_BP

Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:36 pm

audiorob wrote:

datenland wrote:

for example?

Erik

Just insane l/r. SD does everything else I'm aware of, and does most of it a lot better.

I would have to disagree there. As far as I've seen (and flown) the QPro will do everything. Including Insane l/r.

--Jeremy

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:15 pm

Welcome Jeremy :D

Your absolutely right the QPro will do Insane l/r, but it looks horrible doing most tricks, not smooth at all!

Aeri

Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:28 am

the Q pro is not very rigid in the frame... it feels wobbly
but then again, so did the prophecy imho.. its not a real trickkite...

I would never propose it to a new flyer.... you"ll have more fun with a real trickite
Old school was a great school

temoniprince

Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:17 pm

hey guys

I am a huge fan of these 2 kites. and i learned alot on the Qpros and i they are amazing kites due to there large sails. however , i think the SD is better in a few ways. so far whatever i can do on the Qpro i deff can do on the SD however it looks amazing on the SD vs the Qpro.

they are differ kites and yes the Qpro is a lil wobbly.

thx sam
fly high