Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Dominic_G
Topic Author

cynique on the DS?

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:29 pm

ive never did that trick before, i know that rsky and l'atelier kite are pretty good for the cynique. with the DS, is it possible to do the cynique?
i tried it on my DS, cant do it, but its problably me because ive never pulled one before.
cynique possible on the ds?

thanks

audiorob

Fri Jul 07, 2006 3:46 pm

Not in any manner I could even see possible. The reversal pull takes it out of a turtle.

You need a kite that a pull will take it deeper into a turtle, i.e. a kite that will do a 2-pop yo-yo without hassle. If you move your lower spreader up (and shorten it) as a whole 2cm your DS should do it no problem, but half-axels and comete's will suffer with the stock bridle.. you'll need to modify the bridle slightly.

Some kites that dont do 2-pop yo-yo's well will do the trick, but it's a completely different method. I can do cyniques on my genesis and it does neither sit deep in a turtle nor do easy 2-pop yo-yos... but it's a very different movement do how you'd do it on a transfer, krystal, masque or opera (with no tailweight).

This would also be the same reason why an insane l/r on a DS would be very difficult, as the mechanics of a cynique and insane l/r are very very similiar. The same bits of the design allow a kite to do both tricks.
Anyway this cake is great.
It's so delicious and moist

Dominic_G
Topic Author

Fri Jul 07, 2006 4:12 pm

umm im not that willing to move the lower spreader up 2cm and figured out a new bridle setting..... so ill just forgot about the cynique for now...
thank for the info and btw your video are pretty cool. as seen on kitebox

audiorob

Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:43 pm

I just had an idea... I think it can be done on the DS actually, but a very different method of doing it.

Ill be heading out to fly in 4-5 hours, let you know how it goes :)

Dominic_G
Topic Author

Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:44 pm

sweet thanks....... try to make a video of it if you can.

audiorob

Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:17 pm

Too wet out for the next few days to take any video, I hate having my camera out when it's moist or may start raining on me.

Im headed out right now though

Popeye

Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:50 am

ive never did that trick before, i know that rsky and l'atelier kite are pretty good for the cynique. with the DS, is it possible to do the cynique?
i tried it on my DS, cant do it, but its problably me because ive never pulled one before.
cynique possible on the ds?
Yea I've seen Piero do loads and loads of those on the DS no problem :P

audiorob

Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:27 pm

I did have some success.. i managed a 'complete' lazy susan cascade with 3 direction reverse once, and it was not very pretty. It really looked like a meteor cascade which is what I expected... I spent about 3 hours nonstop screwing with it and it didnt look cool enough for me to care anymore :)

So yeah, you can put it on its back and spin it then reverse directions but i dont think it qualifies as a cynique. Really should be called a meteor cascade.

aphelps
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:49 pm

Yea I've seen Piero do loads and loads of those on the DS no problem

I'll need to see this one to believe it. Video evidence please.
:?
Andy

Popeye

Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:11 pm

Just a bit of leg pulling Andy :lol: relating back to the Insane thread. I'm a bit bored you see what with this bloody weather. :drinking: :axed: :clubbed: :dancing: :elephant: :dude: :onfire: :bomb:

PieroS

Mon Jul 10, 2006 1:47 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :stupid:
Piero

bevnutrino
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jul 11, 2006 2:55 pm

I've done cyniques on the DS - well sort of.

You have to give the input much earlier, when the kite is more like at right-angles to the ground. This looks pretty good, but it has to be done pretty fast (as it's turning less than a transfer would) and it plummets likes a brick. I've yet to do more than one iteration without hitting the deck.

Dominic_G
Topic Author

Tue Jul 11, 2006 4:16 pm

sweet stuff bevnutrino! ill work on it too then.. is it possible for you to film that trick?

bevnutrino
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jul 12, 2006 10:30 am

...possibly, my uncle is staying at my house before my cousins wedding on saturday, no doubt he'll bring a camera - can try to wrangle some film time :)