Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

jaydub
Topic Author

End of an Era - R-Sky

Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:46 pm

I know that we aren't the greatest fan boys of R-Sky sites on here, but this is really sad news:

25 years old!
Captain Tricks, Major, Feeling, Cyrius, Histrion, Eden, Maya, Queen Maya, Frezy, Opium, Nirvana, Jordana, Krystal, KFX, NFX, Hobby, Essenciel, Fifteen, Krystal, Shooter, Blvd 'X, Shift, Bird' X, Unik, Next, K07, NSE, Manga, NFX Sport, Wao, Initial, Toxic, Extend, Diablis, Vision, Still, KSE, N3E and all their wind declinations. Bars, Icone, R-tube, accessories...
25 years of projects, creations, design, competitions, challenges, 25 years of victories, emotion, passion, 25 years of sharing and happiness with you!
Today the kite is different, we helped it grow, we helped it build itself with all the energy that characterizes us.
But the challenges have moved away. The lack of motivation, enthusiasm, the general level down, the desertion of riders, non-existent manufacturers, mass closed shops, a federation not very inclined to modernity, to make this sport, a great sport, do not we don't even believe that this could happen one day.
So we decided to stop the production of acrobatic kites.
However, our passion remains intact, and we will use our energy to other aspects of kites, event organizing, competition and producing large kites.
Naturally, the wind and kite experience will have led us to the decoration of the street skies of city centers, and aerial architecture will be part of our upcoming activities
We are also working on the creation of ephemeral museums of sculptures on intra-muros sand.
It is with great pleasure that we will meet you on our next organizations.
25 years of emotions, with a team and riders we deeply loved and still love.
A big page is turning for R-SKY, however, with still some great ideas in the boxes...
Thank you all for participating near or far in this great adventure.
Roger and Sylvie

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: End of an Era - R-Sky

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:12 pm

Wow, very sad news, I was a big fanboy back in the day and have owned at least 10 of the above mentioned kites. Roger and the team really advanced all levels kite flying, what a shame they will be missed :(

What a fantastic time we all had at the R-Sky organised Freestyle World Cup in Cap d'Agde, 2005, hard to believe that was 16 years ago.

https://vimeo.com/46357036

midibot

Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:00 pm

A sense of loss.

RoyReed

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:46 pm

I liked my Nirvanas (even though one of them started to fall apart the first time I flew it).

Sad day.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

Andy S
King of FA

Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:04 pm

It certainly felt like, pretty soon after I started flying, they were forefront in ushering in a new era of kites, flying and competitions. It's a sad day.

harveystubbs

Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:27 pm

I have just seen this. Very sad. I love my NSE's great kites especially with a p2x p3x reframe ...... and mine haven't fallen apart .... yet !

The toxic is a great kite too

jaydub
Topic Author

Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:30 am

harveystubbs wrote:
I have just seen this. Very sad. I love my NSE's great kites especially with a p2x p3x reframe ...... and mine haven't fallen apart .... yet !

You need to visit here more often.
Hope all is well at your end.
Are you still flying?

harveystubbs

Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:26 am

jaydub wrote:
harveystubbs wrote:

You need to visit here more often.
Hope all is well at your end.
Are you still flying?

I do need to visit more often. I don't fly much at the moment. My free time gets taken up with cycling and basketball atm.

How are you?

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:17 am

I will never forget my asymmetrical Opium.
Jason.

Fiction
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:51 pm

It's been a little while...was just wondering whether there was anything new from R-Sky. Sad news.
Rob
6Fivers aria del sud