Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Crafter
Topic Author

Serendipitous trick :-)

Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 pm

I was out this afternoon flying my home built Organic Light, ( I`ve posted about it on the build forum under Nazganic but have decided that it is closer to an Organic than a Nazko... I digress ;-) )
I was out flying this kite this afternoon in very changeable winds, inland typical, dropping from singing lines to nothing, and managed to double roll-up the kite just as the wind dropped and I ran out of backwards sprinting room!
I had no option but to chuck the lines forward and land it double rolled.
Keeping the handles in my hands and not staking them I started to walk to the kite when the wind picked up.
At first it just hovered and then...ever so slowly... started to roll away from me :-)
By the time it had unrolled two full turns I was back with the lines tight and in take-off position again :-)

Just the right amount of wind and with the kite in the right position I guess :-) It looked so cool and I doubt if I will ever be able to repeat The Double Ground Yo-Yo again :-)

Oh... I also managed my first Crazy Copter yay! This time intended as the fade from a half lazy held in a lull in the wind and I spanked it.

Gotta love freestyle with whatever the wind gives you :-)

Harvey1

Re: Serendipitous trick :-)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:38 pm

Wind can surprise even the advanced flyer!!, but that's what makes this hobby so enjoyable no wind or field is the same.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Serendipitous trick :-)

Sun Aug 30, 2015 3:55 pm

I'd have loved to have seen that :cool: