Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

tgeorgo

Re: Trickiest freestyle kite.

Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:21 am

I just got a Skykiller from Antonis and I freekin love it. It has the same deep turtle as the Superfly but not quite so. I find with the fly if you get it locked in you have very few exit options. (Could be a user problem)

The Skykiller has become my new favorite, I've only had it a week though. Been flying with it three times and my joy with it is only growing. For me it behaves a little like the cosmic TC and a little like the Superfly but it holds a fade better than either of those and seems to fall into one effortlessly. It is incredibly well balanced and came with three tail weights for different wind conditions. I've had it up in 4 mph winds and in gusts to 20+. I am very, very impressed with it and recommend it highly. I find myself scheming for time to spend with it.

SkyRags

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:42 pm

tgeorgo wrote:
I just got a Skykiller from Antonis and I freekin love it. It has the same deep turtle as the Superfly but not quite so. I find with the fly if you get it locked in you have very few exit options. (Could be a user problem)

The Skykiller has become my new favorite, I've only had it a week though. Been flying with it three times and my joy with it is only growing. For me it behaves a little like the cosmic TC and a little like the Superfly but it holds a fade better than either of those and seems to fall into one effortlessly. It is incredibly well balanced and came with three tail weights for different wind conditions. I've had it up in 4 mph winds and in gusts to 20+. I am very, very impressed with it and recommend it highly. I find myself scheming for time to spend with it.

Im happy that someone here has reviewed Antonis' kites...as they look both visually amazing and youre not the only one to reccomend them. I was more looking at getting one of his UL Vitals at some stage when Im rich
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL

fworley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:20 am

SkyRags wrote:
Im happy that someone here has reviewed Antonis' kites...as they look both visually amazing and youre not the only one to reccomend them. I was more looking at getting one of his UL Vitals at some stage when Im rich

I'm told he's no longer making/selling the Vital.

-Frazer

asburyparkjohn

Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:50 am

The Transformer TL by Lam Hoac. The frame is SMALLER so its tricks quicker ... as compared to the Fearless or Transformer 2. Currently reviewing the Transformer 2's in SUL and UL with a 5PT lower spreader from Rudy (California).

I recently sold two Tranformer TL's to Tom Patterson(SUL) and a Std.Vent to a Pa. flyer from my inventory.

I keep thinking Crow-LW ... maybe we can do a deal Europe?

Asburyparkjohn
United States
Kite Bag: Fearless - SUL, Light & Light/Vent. L'Atelier xt.z. Fearless SSUL Tattoo (SSUL). Fearless - Light & Light-Vent. (Tranformer - 2) SUL, Light (5PT) and Vent (7PT). GPS (Light and Vent-Light Custom/UNIQUE - 3PT)).

SparkieRob
Topic Author

Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:04 am

PAW isn't making kites for the moment. You'll have to source a Crow second hand.

SparkieRob
Topic Author

Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:57 pm

I ended up going with a Seven Standard from Sport Kite Design (SKD) and couldn't be happier.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412693804.316005.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Coogee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Very nice looking kite

Mike

SkyRags

Sun Dec 28, 2014 5:46 am

fworley wrote:
SkyRags wrote:

I'm told he's no longer making/selling the Vital.

-Frazer

Whaaa??

:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the bag : KaoS Kites; Charisma, Benson SuperFly, Jest of Eve Talon UL

fourmatic

Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:56 am

ahh ok..again the same bal bla bla...The trickiest kite.All depends from a pilot.Experience, physical abilities, etc..Some newbies cannot justice right the SF, Enzo,Hugo etc.Also some guys are preffered to fly big ballet kites(non trickable), but the small trick kite( SF etc) just loooks weird in their hands.As a result less tricks, unhappy kite owner.Nothing to do.Need to choose a right one.All is very individually.. :cool:

peace. :P