Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

stephanh
Topic Author

Deep Space trick range

Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:00 pm

Hey all,
Just purchased my Benson DS 1 week ago. Can't wait to get it. However in the mean time I'm trying to educate myself.

Are there tricks that are harder to learn on the DS? It would be useful to know. If for instance a trick is harder to do on the DS then knowing about that could explain why I'm having bigger issues with that trick more than others.

Thanks
Stephane

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Deep Space trick range

Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:26 am

None are harder on the DS, it will pretty much do everything but there is a knack to turtle based tricks since it doesn't naturally settle in deep - you need to put it into a turtle quickly with a pop so that it goes a little further than usual then pop for your lazy susan etc. before it comes back up to level again.

Now that sounds like a big deal but in reality once you've been flying the DS for more than about 5min it becomes quite natural and subtle.

While there are some things which are easier on certain kites that favour certain tricks, the DS is damned good at almost everything once you become accustomed to the timing.

stephanh
Topic Author

Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Hey Ian,
Thanks for your reply.

I'll make sure to give it that extra pop.

Stephane

RoyReed

Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:02 pm

I would disagree slightly with Ian. Yes, the DS can do pretty much any trick going, but because the timing and positioning is more critical for some tricks (eg: lazy susan) I would say that does make it more difficult. Not a criticism of the DS, which is one of my two favourite kites, but I'd say this is true of any kite.
Must fly
Roy
REEDDESIGN Web Design

kevspilly

Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:21 pm

If you learning tricks from on-line videos be pre-paired to experiment with your inputs slightly as each kite differs in the way it responds in both timing & amount of any input.
All that matters in life is kite flying, love and work ….preferably in that order.

In the bag; Shhhhh... far too many to mention, don't tell the Missus!