Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

bunman
Topic Author

Deep Space colours

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:27 pm

My 'new kite' fund is well on the way to enabling me to finally get my grubby mits on a Deep Space. Unfortunately for me, I discovered the Colourizer! OMG, I seriously can't make my mind up about the colours. I have 6 variations printed and up on my wall at work, every other hour my favourite changes! The sooner I get enough money the better, I reckon it'll be an 'eeny meeny' moment to make the final descision though :?
Kite Bag:
Benson Deep Space (custom)
Revolution John Barresi B2
Flexifoil Super10
Ollie Octopus (for the kids... honest!)
Wanted - Mettoy Barnstormer

Broady

Re: Deep Space colours

Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:55 pm

Put some pics up of your favorites. I'm saving up for a ds, but I'm a long way off.
I've not ruled out the talon yet either, or maybe the superfly (just looks so nice)
Deep Space, HQ babytana, Chinese Rev copy & vented version
Indian Fighter kites

MartinG

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:02 pm

bunman wrote:
Unfortunately for me, I discovered the Colourizer!

Colourisers are the work of the devil, without doubt. I was toying with the Sin one and spent far too long trying ideas out! I know less is more, but sometimes you just have to see if more might not be even more.

SteveC

Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:21 pm

Ah , the dreaded colouriser....you've opened a can of worms now!!

Put up a shortlist of your favourites and we'll have a vote....just remember Tim's gotta like it or he won't make it!

I've always liked green myself.......
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

stuartF

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:43 pm

It's not only the time you spend with the colouriser itself, you then have to check all the pics on the interweb to make sure your design is unique.

Just hope for weeks of crap weather ;-)

Stuart
the lunatic is on the grass

krijn
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:46 pm

good luck...

Broady

Tue Mar 20, 2012 10:44 pm

Martin
I really like the 1st blue one. The green 2 below that and the top blue one in your second box at the top
Deep Space, HQ babytana, Chinese Rev copy & vented version
Indian Fighter kites

bunman
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:12 am

As for the Sin, I love the grey, white and yellow variation (7th down on the right). Thankfully there aren't as many panels on the Deep Space as the Sin, so I reckon I've got it a little easier. Most of mine are just very slight variations, but I like to stick with the red, white and gray. I think a little black adds a nice contrasting colour too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by bunman on Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kite Bag:
Flexifoil Super10

bunman
Topic Author

Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:20 am

I think my favourite is the bottom one on the previous post, followed by the bottom one on this post. Not all that exciting, but the colours match my Gemini and Rev B2. What was it someone said earlier about keeping the colours the same as previous kites to fool the other half!! Actually, I just like these colours.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kite Bag:
Flexifoil Super10

Zippy8

Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:27 am

bunman wrote:
the colours match my Gemini and Rev B2. What was it someone said earlier about keeping the colours the same as previous kites to fool the other half!!

There is something to be said for having your own personal colour scheme/palette. :wink:

Colourisers can drive you mental so at some point just pull the trigger so that you actually get a kite in your hands, rather than a series of pretty printouts.

Mike.

bunman
Topic Author

Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:12 pm

Well, that's it done. Just ordered my custom DS :biggrin: I went for the red and light gray combination. It's really sunny here just now with a nice gentle breeze, so hopefully it stays like that once I get the kite. When I got my Super10, there was no decent wind for about a week and it was worse when I got the B2!

My Ebay sales were nearly double what I expected, so I've treated the kids and the girlfriend... certainly smooths out my purchase of the DS :P
Kite Bag:
Flexifoil Super10