Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

boonoff
Topic Author

Beg/inter kite??????

Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:50 pm

Ive mastered the basics i think of flying a kite up down left right and what not. The kite ive been using is a spirit of air/Javlin it seems that i need 100mph+ winds to fly the thing so i suppose the question im asking is which kite should i buy and why?

Also are there any recommendations for DVD's/Book's for learning tricks.

One thing i must say about the javlin is it makes the best noise ever when it rips through the sky, makes me :)

SteveC

Re: Beg/inter kite??????

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 pm

How much are you looking to spend and what are you looking to do - Tricks?
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

boonoff
Topic Author

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:55 pm

I dont have any price in mind and yes tricks.

SteveC

Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:07 pm

It's a bit like asking whats the best car, ask 50 people and you'll get 50 different answers!

Below £100 - Hq Jive and Maestro would take you much further than the Javelin.

Between £100 - £150ish - you have stuff like the Eolo Over & Neox ( from Ebay) or the HQ Infinity or Maybe the new HQ Crackerjack which looks good and is supposed to be a good allrounder but I haven't seen any tests yet.

Over £150, well theres loads of choices - Kitehouse Sin always gets good reports, the Benson Deepspace Or Jest of Eve Talon are excellent, R-Sky stuff, the list goes on .... it depends what you like the look of. Now you have the basics it really is worth spending money on the best kite you can afford, it really will make it easier to learn.

DVD's - Flight School by Dodd Gross and Trick or Treat from Tim Benson are both good. On Youtube search for DPmama74 - Martin Madsen or check out Randy G's tutorials http://v2.1.kiteclique.com/wordpress-3.0/wordpress/tutorials/randygs
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

boonoff
Topic Author

Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:02 am

Thanks steveC that's a big help il have a look into them. :)