Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Yan
Topic Author

getting the nose round for the crazy copter

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:47 pm

Hi,

i have managed a couple of crazy copters today, but at the moment its 50/50 as to which way the kite goes round.... it either goes off in a traditional yo-yo style or comes round for a crazy copter. Is it just a slack thing? or is there somthing i am missing?

always grateful for any advise!

yan :D

Zippy8

Re: getting the nose round for the crazy copter

Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:57 pm

Yan wrote:
Is it just a slack thing? or is there somthing i am missing?

Getting the CC to work for me took a l o o o o n g time and most of it was spent in just such a situation: sometimes yes, sometimes no; not much clue how to separate the two.

It's not just slack, it's the kite's position too. And it varies with location (height, mainly) in the wind window. So a definite "do it this way" answer is unlikely to cover all eventualities. Sorry 'bout that.

If I were you I'd rent Piero for a few hours. :wink:

Mike.

Yan
Topic Author

Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:11 pm

Thanks for the reply Mike, guess it's just a case of practice and see what works...

Jason
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 pm

When I was getting to grips with this I got some good advice from ABW who said when you pop it imagine the lines were attached to the nose of the kite. It worked well to help me get the feel for it. You have to let the nose back the tiniest amount and then pop quite hard and then release a LOT very quickly afterwards or you'll stop all the momentum you just started.

I found though that once I got it I lost the ability to wrap it up by rocking the nose forward and then popping it to wrap up (is that the two-pop wrap?) It was either one or the other. Took a long time before I could do both one after the other

KaoS
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 am

Jason wrote:
...You have to let the nose back the tiniest amount ...

This was the part that held me back for ages The initial nose back movement is MUCH smaller than when setting up for a two pop rollup (yo-yo)
Kevin Sanders

Willunga
South Australia

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:25 pm

Depends on the kite as well... IIRC, the Andro pushed away really nicely - then pulled back and wrapped down nice and slow.

Bryan