Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Tregolwyn

Re: Jacobs ladders on DS

Mon Aug 16, 2010 9:46 pm

SteveR wrote:
A lateral roll is much easier proposition. IIRC the Gemini isn't the easiest kite to try this on, or is it?

I'm no expert but I don't find the lateral roll too hard on the Gem and is much the same on the DS. I sort of pull the kite over with a smooth arc of the hand, no need for a sharp tug. Does this make sense? Probably easier to demonstrate than explain.

Paul

SteveR
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:23 pm

Tregolwyn wrote:
SteveR wrote:
A lateral roll is much easier proposition. IIRC the Gemini isn't the easiest kite to try this on, or is it?

I'm no expert but I don't find the lateral roll too hard on the Gem and is much the same on the DS. I sort of pull the kite over with a smooth arc of the hand, no need for a sharp tug. Does this make sense? Probably easier to demonstrate than explain.

Paul

I meant the JL in entirety. I could never even get it to flic flac that well, so a JL was impossible at the time.

Andy S
King of FA

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:13 am

SteveR wrote:
Ahaaaa, yes what a great video. I have been getting into a brain fade (ha) over the half backspin bit. A lateral roll is much easier proposition. IIRC the Gemini isn't the easiest kite to try this on, or is it?

The Gem will backspin / roll easier than it will turtle (esp without the trickline mods.)