Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S, Jason

Ashbridge
Topic Author

Trick Journal, random

Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:34 am

(Mostly for personal outlet purposes as a solo flyer, and in the spirit of forum contribution)

Pandemic summer, 2020

1.  Biggest win was cracking the backspin cascade.  It was a ridiculously pleasing moment when the timing clicked into place.  My morale got a nice booster shot.  (in lieu of a Covid vaccine.)  So far, best was 5 repetitions before losing control.
2.  Flic-flacs are finally starting to tighten up a bit, after years of persistent 'drunkeness.'  I'm not sure what changed with my inputs, but I'm happy about it.
3.  Knocking on the door of a consistent wap doo wap, but still fine-tuning the secondary spin.
4.  Authoritative and speedy 2-point landings remain elusive.  Just can't get the timing.  I have learned that this is not a trick to be practiced with the best kite in the bag.
5.  I'm maxed out at 3 multi-lazies.  Every time I go for 4, I end up in a tangle.
6.  Haven't been brave enough to try any cyniques yet, but progress with the BS cascade makes me hopeful.
7.  A few extremely tentative brushes with the comete, but that's still way above my pay grade.  I finally understand what's supposed to happen, though, at least visually.
8.  Right-side JLs are solid.  Left-side JLs still have a drinking problem.  
9.  And so far, my only good-looking side slides have been completely accidental.  Maybe one day.  :)

Couldn't have made it this far without the info on FA.  So cheers.

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Trick Journal, random

Thu Nov 05, 2020 7:30 am

Dont you just love it when a trick comes together. I also have been working on the Comet but am always reluctant to practice the move because passers by think I'm having a seizure or something.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:44 am

Some good progress there =D>

The Cynique needs a kite that goes very nose deep in the Lazy position otherwise you just pull it straight out into a normal flying position, also in the centre of the wind window, with the Comete the sail needs constant pressure, it's not a slack line trick at all, good in medium/high wind otherwise you need to be moving backwards at a good rate!

jaydub

Thu Nov 05, 2020 12:39 pm

Never cracked the cynique or the Comete and only ever managed the odd W-d-W.  I love JLs, but still very right handed with them.  Can manage multiple rotations with my right hand, but 2 with my left hand leaves me feeling very elated.

You're making very sound progress.