Moderators: Craig, Andy S

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Raising funds for Haiti - Androgyn Ultra Light - SOLD

Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:30 pm

Raising funds for Haiti - Androgyn Ultra Light - SOLD

The situation in Haiti looks horrible. I thought it might be good to raise some money towards the relief effort. So……… I am going to sell my Androgyn Ultra Light. It’s a great kite but for some reason, I don’t reach for it very often in my kite bag. I am just increasingly flying kites that are better suited to precision and tricks (the Androgyn is firmly in the tricks camp in my view).

The Androgyn was made in fairly limited quantities. It’s a beautifully crafted hand made kite and a real trick monster. This is the ultralight version. I used to own the standard version as well. This particular kite was a standard version when it was first made but the chaps in the FA shop converted it to an UL version for me when they sold it to me using the original designer’s UL frame spec. It is in superb condition. The only flaw is one very small hole in the sail which can be very easily patched with a piece of sticky backed ripstop (I will supply this but wanted to remove it first to show a photo of the hole)

I have only flown the kite about ten hours from new. The sail is crisp, clean and, apart from the very tiny hole, it looks new still. Kite and bag only – no flying lines.

Review of the Androgyn here: http://www.kiteclique.com/reviews/windfactory-androgyn

Amazing video showing what it can do in the right hands (not mine) here: http://www.dragemarked.dk/Video/VisVide ... ideoID=575
The video is worth watching even if you don’t want to buy the kite. It’s one of the best I have ever seen.

I will post the kite by special delivery post in the UK. I will send it oversees but the postage cost would then need to be paid by whoever buys it and the risk of overseas postal delivery / customs charges etc would rest with them.

I will sell to whoever bids the highest amount by 10pm UK time on Friday 22nd January. That should give everyone plenty of time to think about it and place bids.

Please could I ask everyone not to leave it until the last few minutes to bid? I wouldn’t want to get into dispute with anyone at that time about which bid was placed last or what time difference there may be between posting on Fractured Axel at 9.59pm and the post appearing at 10.01pm. Please post all bids in this thread so everyone can clearly see what you are bidding.

Winning bidder can either send me a cheque payable to the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) or pay me via Paypal so I can then donate the money or donate online themselves via the DEC website and send me proof they have done it.

Many thanks for reading this. Good luck with the bidding!

Nigel :cool:
Last edited by oldflyer on Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Raising funds for Haiti - Androgyn Ultra Light

Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Great idea Nigel 8)

I'll kick things off with £50

Go Figure

Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:52 pm

What a generous offer, I am sure I will be out bid (this time) but £77 and I can pick up to save postage.
best regards

Clive

It's not me, its the tools....

Zippy8

Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:58 am

I'm a bit conflicted by this generous offer :huh: I was planning to make a donation anyway and I feel a bit guilty about trying to score a sweet kite on the back of this.

£150, which I'll donate even if I don't "win".

Mike.

oldflyer
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Fri Jan 22, 2010 10:05 pm

Congratulations Mike - you have bagged a sweet kite there!

Many thanks for your bids everyone. I really appreciate it!

Mike - please could you send me a PM so we can sort out getting the kite over to Finland for you :cool:

Zippy8

Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Arrived this AM and paid for this PM.

Another bit of generosity from Nigel :thumbsup: that I'll see if I can at least partially emulate in the next week or so.

Mike.

rafaelvera

Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:07 am

It´s great what you´ve done guys... i´m really proud if being a friend of yours.

As you know, Cuba is really closer to Haiti, we sent some doctors there and my father went there to help people.

I wish i could donate too.

You´re amazing.

Smooth winds,

Rafa