Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

fearoffours
Topic Author

buying from foreign language sites (attn: cbh?)

Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:03 pm

ok. Seriously considering buying a furio this week from cerf-volantes. Now I think I can just about navigate the site in french and place credit card details that way, how has anyone else done it? (craig, I'm looking at you).
I'd be happier to organise it by email (esp as the cerf-volantes site doesn't appear to have secure payment forms) is there someone at c-v with good english I can contacxt (I daresay they all speak good engliush given how much more sensibly the french run their modern languages curriculum)?

Anyway, any advice or encouragement welcomed. Or horror stories :) :nervous:
Furio, Firestorm, Gemini, New Jam, Beetle

Andy S
King of FA

Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:15 pm

Just remember to type s l o w l y and LOUDLY! ;)

Top tip: Save brain energy by using same gag twice in one day but on different forums

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:43 pm

Don't worry, just email Dominique at CVS. ask for what you want he'll email you back with what colours he has in stock, you can also order CdC custom colours from him it takes only a couple of weeks ! He doesn't speak very good english, but seems to translate emails no problem.

Jeremy has also used him alot (probably more than me :cool: ) and I don't believe either of us have had a problem receiving what we ordered. Whenever I've ordered I just gave my CC details on email I don't really know how secure it is but I've not had any problems.

No horror stories, just great kites :cool: go for it

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 27, 2003 9:58 pm

I too have not had any problems ordering from Dominique, though I think he uses a translation engine if you write anything more than , style, colour size etc. He once emailed me back to rephrase something as he was not able to make sense of the translation he had been given.
Just remember to tell him I sent you so he can bump up my discount (only kidding Craig :lol: )
Jeremy
Stratford upon Avon
England

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:30 pm

DISCOUNT !!! :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: