Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:02 pm

Hi all,
Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member who has just discovered the world of kiting!
I know very little at the moment but am hoping to change that by using this forum, flying as much as I can and getting to meet some likeminded individuals.
I am currently learning (don’t suppose you ever stop learning), on a Skydog Learn To Fly... I did say I was brand new!
I’m trying to fly as much as I can and wondered what views people had on this kite. It’s the only one I’ve I’ve ever flown!
I’m based in Hertfordshire and can’t seem to find any clubs in my area, so if anyone’s around, it’d be great to meet up and fly and maybe I could learn a thing or two too.
Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying Fish

Re: New member

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:04 am

Welcome to the kite world! Be prepared for your kite quiver to expand, then expand, expand, and finally expand ... Never flown a Learn to Fly, but I do have a few Dream Ons, and they're very good value for money.

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome Flying Fish. I can believe it! I’m already looking at a few I would like to add to my collection at some point.
Struggling to find a decent place to fly where I live. There’s a decent sized common nearby, but there’s that many trees around that I struggle to get any clean air.
I’ve been going over to Dunstable Downs a fair bit to practice though which is always rewarding.

Flying Fish

Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Dunstable Downs is definitely a good place to fly. Make sure you come to the kite festival there end of July! Lots of kites to see, demos to watch, people to talk to, etc.

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 pm

Agreed, i've had some really good days there and the wind has always seemed pretty constant. I'll be sure to catch the next festival there too!

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:14 am

Welcome to the forum and the kite scene. If your ever passing through West Yorkshire give us a shout
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

BlueSkyBry
Topic Author

Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:52 pm

Thanks for the welcome Hawkerhunter.
A very beautiful part of the world which I don’t visit nearly enough! There must be some truly stunning backdrops to fly against in your neck of the woods?