Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter
Topic Author

Nirvana SUL

Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:00 pm

I see Bilbouquet have listed the prices for the Nirvana UL/SUL at 319/349 euros, ouch :shock: :shock: delivery end of Dec.

I wont be on the waiting list. :crazy:

Andy S
King of FA

Wed Nov 19, 2003 4:11 pm

I'm pretty sure it's not worth me shelling out that kind of money at my level. The Nirvana itself was borderline for me, but I feel it's improving my flying and I'm sure as hell enjoying it a lot more than I did initially (when I couldn't do anything with it).

Juha
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Nirvana SUL

Thu Nov 20, 2003 12:34 am

cbh wrote:
I see Bilbouquet have listed the prices for the Nirvana UL/SUL at 319/349 euros

Will be interesting to see how many people will be able to justify spending 349€ for a single non-custom 230cm stunt kite. I won't, now or later. Roger TG must really have faith in the loyalty of his customer base.

There is an interesting GWTW thread about the rising prices of French kites.

Juha

Andy S
King of FA

Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:35 am

Yeah, and surprisingly most of the American R-Sky faithful seem
a) Prepared to pay for the *UL and
b) Happy about the proposed Std price rise,
although as Alain points out, Steve is doing a good deal at the moment on those kites.

jrharrold
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:45 pm

I think RSkys marketing team are using the ploy, 'Stack 'em low and sell 'em high' :x
Jeremy
Stratford upon Avon
England

Juha
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Nov 20, 2003 3:44 pm

h_i_r_0 wrote:
although as Alain points out, Steve is doing a good deal at the moment on those kites.

Well, you could certainly say that when they (like pretty much any Euro kite - ever checked the prices The Kite Connection sells Level One stuff at? :shock: ) are still cheaper in America after being shipped all the way across the Atlantic.

Add to that the fact that the average American has a lot more spending power than Jean-Francois European, and a nasty picture starts to take shape. The price hikes just don't have the relative effect in the U.S. that they might have over here.

Plus, I always get that queasy feeling when two major manufacturers on a given field announce they're raising prices simultaneously. A bit too convenient for comfort. But that's just me and my conspiracy theories. [-(

Juha

Juha
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:36 pm

There's some heated discussion at the Bilboquet board about the R-Sky & L'Atelier price increases and the price limits people set for themselves when buying new kites.

Check it out, some good points of view in there.

Juha