Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Superfly

Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:55 am

I just need to mention this. I have never really bonded with my superfly and found it a little unconventional to fly. It's also fair to say that I have never given my superfly the time it deserves.

However ...... I flew the std in terrible winds at the weekend. Yesterday when the winds began to drop and stabilise yesterday I hit the kite’s sweet spot. I must say that I now completely appreciate the job Mr Benson and Mr Goff have done in both the design and build and wanted to say that if this email chimes with your thoughts on the superfly then it is really worth persevering with as it’s a great kite =D>

I have also replaced the yoyo stops with the kitehouse ones which catch the lines better than the stock ones on my superfly :cool:

Craig
Site Admin and Supporter
Site Admin and Supporter

Re: Superfly

Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:12 pm

Interesting, I must say that I really got along with the SF right from the off, a really great kite, and am looking forward to it's big brother (come on fella's pull your finger out), the DS however never clicked with that at all, liked the C-class protos though!

harveystubbs
Topic Author

Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I completely agree with you on a larger version of the superfly .... Well overdue.

I think part of the (or my) problem was the size and nature of the inputs required. Smaller and flicky works better.

Anyway, I am really enjoying it now .... very nice :cool:

jaydub

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm

I have struggled a bit with the standard controlling how far it drops into the turtle, especially in gusty winds. I'm finding the Magnet more consistent, which isn't something I expected. Probably need to spend some more time on it.

Really like the UL though.

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:34 pm

Big one.... 'Thumbs up ' smiley.

We'll probably have to wait for a couple of seasons of custom colour regular ones first though... No need to rush. ;-). Fun flick around as is though, and properly capable. 'S nice.

Bryan

Popeye

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:04 pm

Agreed, great kite, definately stick with it Harvey :D

Coogee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:57 pm

Love the Fly

Mike