Despite not being much of a quad line kite flyer, I thought I would respond to your post with my comments in no particular order.
1. Firstly, why do you think we don’t like freilein? There are very few posts about on this forum probably because no one owns their kites.
2. You will probably get less of a positive response at other more patriotic kite forums as you have indicated.
3. Personally I think that kites makers like Rev are pretty easy prey because their products are easy to copy, not expensive to make and the design has not changed much, if at all in the last few decades.
4. As for stunt kites, I would rather spend the extra money and buy something that is a proper boutique kite, made with a proper skyshark (or better) frame with icarex and decent quality materials which needs no/ little tuning straight out of the bag rather than mass produced, poorly framed, less well made kites which often don’t have the same balance or perform as well as the boutique kites. Spares are also hard to get hold of.
5. I own a couple of well thought of chinese made kites like the prism zeph which is made reasonably well made but just isn’t as good as a benson, jest of eve or R Sky in any department. The quality of design, materials, flight, tricks …. everything is inferior.
6. The disregard of patents and copying of designs is not something I agree with and shows a complete lack of respect and imagination. Mind you if I was going to copy a kite design then I would not start with a Rev which the Freilein is a direct copy of. Some other makers of quad line kites have at least thought of something original like the airbow.
I refer you here =>http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/8 ... pycat-cars