Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

SteveC

Re: Where is everyone.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:30 pm

RoyReed wrote:
Could whoever added Points 35, 36 37 and 38 identify themselves on the map, otherwise the whole thing becomes a bit pointless - pun intended.

Whoops!.....sorry guys I think that was me when I was trying to tell Harvey what to do...as I didn't click save I didn't think it had. I've deleted them now. :oops:
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Yan

Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:01 pm

While we are sharing info about flying sites, I have added a bit to mine to say that the site can be used for events/larger meets and who to contact to arrange it. Could be good info to share. :-)

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

Flying Fish

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:01 am

Is there some sort of invisible line across Liverpool - Manchester - Leeds? Not a single flyer up north? No wind above that line?

SteveC

Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:37 am

Flying Fish wrote:
Is there some sort of invisible line across Liverpool - Manchester - Leeds? Not a single flyer up north? No wind above that line?

Nothing dwells beyond the wall but the white walkers........winter is coming....

:wink:
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

honchoboy

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:17 am

Flying Fish wrote:

That Hadrians Wall must cast one heck of a wind shadow lol.

There are a handful of dualies who fly with the North East Kite Flyers around Northumberland - (Josh Mitcheson et al.) but I dont think they frequent this board?

I guess this proves that we need to sort out an M62 corridor meet for those around the 'invisible line'. We've been talking about it for too long now - time for action :-D
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Flying Fish

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:43 am

Nothing dwells beyond the wall but the white walkers........winter is coming....

That must be it, Steve ;)

Flying Fish

Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:44 am

There are a handful of dualies who fly with the North East Kite Flyers around Northumberland - (Josh Mitcheson et al.) but I dont think they frequent this board?

Don't remember ever seeing Josh post here. Same for the Sky Symphony guys, Dave & Angela Green ...

SteveC

Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:02 am

Being serious, it does seem a bit patchy - a band right down the middle of the country and not much around the edges.....it's a bit of a desert here in Lincolnshire and East Anglia :(

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Tue Jun 24, 2014 3:59 pm

SteveC wrote:
..it's a bit of a desert here in Lincolnshire and East Anglia :(

And there is an Oasis of fun in Filey this weekend Steve. Not a million miles for you to get too. How about it? :D
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

SteveC

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:31 pm

Hawkerhunter wrote:
SteveC wrote:
..it's a bit of a desert here in Lincolnshire and East Anglia :(

And there is an Oasis of fun in Filey this weekend Steve. Not a million miles for you to get too. How about it? :D

I would have liked to but I'm a full time carer and I haven't been able to get respite cover for my son :-(

You'll have to fly one for me!

bryan beasley
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:42 pm

Flying Fish wrote:

Don't remember ever seeing Josh post here. Same for the Sky Symphony guys, Dave & Angela Green ...

Different people. The further up North bunch were the 'Flying Colours', can't rightly remember who flies with them, 'Sky Symphony' is the Midlanders, Dave Salmon, Chris Head, Graham Binney, Roy Ashton (fungus on here) Alan Poxon and Alan Bill.

Bryan

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Tue Jun 24, 2014 7:13 pm

SteveC wrote:
Hawkerhunter wrote:
SteveC wrote:

I would have liked to but I'm a full time carer and I haven't been able to get respite cover for my son :-(

You'll have to fly one for me!

We will certainly do that Steve.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

Ogre

Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:29 pm

Added myself furthest East (Anglia) though I really don't get out to fly much nowdays :-(
"With tuppence for paper and strings..."

Mr_G

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:06 pm

Is it too late to be added to the list?

I'm a beginner, but a flyer nonetheless.

Based on the Wirral :)

Mr_G

Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:11 pm

Also, it be a good idea to put a link to your profile in the description box. Makes it a little easier to contact local flyers :)