Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Considerate dog owner!

Sun May 25, 2014 5:51 pm

We often complain about irresponsible dog owners, but not all are like that ... Flying with the team today, and during a break, a dog runs towards the parked kites. Owner calls dog back, and puts dog on the lead straightaway. Had a quick chat with the owner as he walked past us, and thanked him for being considerate. "Well, of course!", he said, "My dog has a tendency to run after flying kites, and from the looks of it, those kites probably cost a few hundred £££, so better be safe than sorry". Explained a bit about what were doing, and wished him a good day.

Whoever you are, big thumbs up!

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Considerate dog owner!

Sun May 25, 2014 10:23 pm

:D :D

(but I think you dreamt all this :lol: )

benne

Mon May 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Last time I went out to fly, the field I was in got swarmed by a herd of dalmatians, and their owners, three kids and two adults were just cheering on the dogs as they ran around my legs and urgh... I guess you all have been there way before me.

Most people are nice enough, and the dalmatian did no harm to themselves or me, so that's good :)

Ian Newham
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 27, 2014 8:28 am

My dog doesn't chase my kites but barks like crazy at any other dog who comes near them.

At least I'm less likely to be surprised by approaching dogs.

timorohn

Tue May 27, 2014 10:05 am

Having Had kites damaged by inconsiderate dog owners (its not the dogs fault) I must applaud that owner. =D>