Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Raptorman
Topic Author

Whoops

Sun May 04, 2014 10:46 am

Morning chaps/chapesses,my name is Andy and i have just joined,Kite wise
I have bought a spirit of air Raptor as my learning kite and i have just bought a
Hq Obsession to use once my basic skills are mastered.
The reason i have titled this thread as whoops,is because the general opinion on
The hq obsession does not seem too favourable,so have i dropped a kite shaped
Clanger.
Kite Bag : Premier Addiction,Jago Delta,Hq Obsession.

SteveC

Re: Whoops

Sun May 04, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi Andy, welcome to the forum

I wouldn't say that you had exactly dropped a clanger, The Obsession wasn't a bad kite in it's day, it's just that the design is a bit dated now. It should let you learn the basic tricks - axels, backflips, fades, lazy susans,540's maybe flic flacs - the 'Old School' tricks, however if you want to do the newer roll up type tricks you may need something more modern. Learn the basic stuff on the Obsession - it's cheap to fix if you break it and you will almost certainly break it - then save up for something nice when you have a bit more experience.

https://sites.google.com/site/kitejan/my-stuff/dual-line-kites/hq-obsession
Current Bag:- HQ Shadow, Spiderkites Zodarion, Flying Wings Soul, Old blue HQ Jive , 'PAW' modded HQ Maestro II, Delta Hawk,

Raptorman
Topic Author

Re: Whoops

Sun May 04, 2014 4:32 pm

Cheers SteveC,i actually like the look of the obsession,it was not my first
Choice but the other kite i really liked on ebay,i was outbid,chances are i will use
The spirit of air raptor to get my take off/ landings and basic manoeuvres sorted,
Then i will use the obsession
Kite Bag : Premier Addiction,Jago Delta,Hq Obsession.