Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

windrush
Topic Author

What Kite.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:55 pm

I was at the Dunstable Downs kite festival back in July and had an excellent time watching the displays and flying some of my own kites on the field after the show on the Sunday evening.Whilst packing up I noticed someone with a 2 line Sports kite that had removable panels in the sail to convert it to a vented kite.I Dident get to speak to the person but does anyone have an idea what make or model the kite might have been.Any information would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Windance

Flying Fish

Re: What Kite.

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Several kites have panels like that to allow matching to the wind. Matrix has a mega-vented model. Same for the Airdynamics T5 Taipan (V2). Sure there are others as well.

Can you describe the panel/colour lay-out?

windrush
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 pm

From what I remember the the panels being taken out were stiff and grey in colour and the kite was fairly large in size with a white,black and grey sail design.Not much to go on.Any links you might have for this type of kite I am describing would be good.Makes sense to me to have a convertible kite that goes from full sail to vented.

Flying Fish

Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Here's a link to the Airdynamics V2, and here a picture of one of our mega-vented Matrix kites:

windrush
Topic Author

Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Thanks flying fish for the link to the Aerodynamics website.The kite I describe above is a vented kite with an option to convert it to a full sail or a vented sail simply by adding or removing a panel on either side of the kite sail or on both sides of the spine. Aerodynamis dont seem to have that option or did I miss something in the website description of the V2 description.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:34 am

Airdynamics kites:
The Taipan V2's have 2 velcro on panels, the T4 mega vents have 2 double layers of netting where you can insert panels if you want to, and the T2 venteds have 6 (I think) velcro on panels.
in the picture on http://www.airdynamics.co.uk/a_t5v2.html the big yellow panel is the removable one.
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.