Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tapatalk app for browsing forum

Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:40 am

Steve at GWTW had the idea of adding his forum to the Tapatalk app for Android and iPhone (amongst others), so I thought I'd try it out.

The read-only version of the app is free, and seems to work pretty well, especially if you don't like tapping around reading tiny text on your mobile browser.

I haven't tried the premium version yet (because I'm on a self-imposed ban until the end of August ;)). It's £1.79 for the iPhone version, I assume it's about the same for the other versions. This version enables posting.

There are links to download the apps on their website http://www.tapatalk.com/mobile.php

Once you've installed the app, search for Fractured Axel - you'll find us easily enough. Why not add GWTW while you're at it?

Zippy8

Re: Tapatalk app for browsing forum

Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:41 am

I got the "install Tapatalk" pop-up this morning when checking the GWTW from one of my Android devices :wink: The link to the Android Market is no good so I ignored it.

Having read this I searched for it, installed it and took a look. FA was second on the suggested sites list. :-D It looks like a nice enough way to read the forum but I still don't think a handheld device is anything but a pain for posting. I'll try it for a while at least.

Mike.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:36 pm

Zippy8 wrote:
I got the "install Tapatalk" pop-up this morning when checking the GWTW from one of my Android devices :wink: The link to the Android Market is no good so I ignored it.

I might be able to fix that for future users if you could provide me with a working link?

I still don't think a handheld device is anything but a pain for posting. I'll try it for a while at least.

I post from my handheld quite often. Maybe you should try a ... no, not going there ;)

Zippy8

Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:58 pm

Andy S wrote:
I might be able to fix that for future users if you could provide me with a working link?

I just went a'searchin'. Getting a URL from the Android Market to the greater WWW is not the work of moments. Searching within it is.

I post from my handheld quite often. Maybe you should try a ... no, not going there ;)

The Archos 5 and X10 are fine, thank you :P but give me a keyboard any time. Especially for one of my more elaborate posts.

And the demo. version won't let me post it seems. :-( And I can't buy the Pro version in Finland through either option. Or it's not there at all.

Mike.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:13 pm

Would this be a workable android link?
market://search?q=pname:com.quoord.tapatalk.activity

--edit

Looking at the source code for the forum mod, and the fact that you can't install the pro version from Finland I think the current code is probably OK. I await input from a UK (or US?) based Android user.

moog

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:16 pm

I tried it on my nokia and it worked well. I like the feature to get the latest posts...saves me trawling though each topic.
Dave

Fiction
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Aug 26, 2010 7:06 pm

I have the pro version but didn't use the link sorry. First android app purchased. I find the layout a little confusing but otherwise seems alright.

//edit. flourish removed
Rob
6Fivers aria del sud

LoopyAppleCaron

Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:42 am

I tried it on my iPhone when the option came up. I found it easy to use and I like it :)

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:22 am

My Tapatalk app (WebOS) says that the forum version needs to be updated (will currently only allow read-only -- which may, of course, be a good thing in my case... 8-).

steven beasley

Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:08 am

I too spent £1.79 of my hard earned pennies this weekend,,, 'tis a good thing.
Only problem is that it won't let me 'log in' - so I can't see which posts / topics are new one's.

the app suggests it might need 'log in' enabling via tapatalk on the forum itself... Andy ??

Cheers,
STEVE.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:33 am

I will do the server-side upgrade today. I got the email nags, but didn't realise it would disable features client-side, sorry.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:34 am

OK Everyone, how's that?

I guess I need to pay for this app, then I can test it myself. :oops:

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Tapatalk app for browsing forum

Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:13 am

Ok. I paid for it.

Guess this proves it's working then.

steven beasley

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:10 pm

Now it won't flippin' let me in 'cos I've had too many failed attempts... want's me to do a 'captcha' thingy - which of course doesn't show up on the iPhone.

Have deleted all cookies, cleared history, deleted cache, switched phone off, switced back on again - still asking for captcha...

Any ideas ?... or is it just a wait 'til tomorrow & try again ?

Cheers
STEVE.

Andy S
King of FA
Topic Author

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:52 pm

Steve, how did you log in to post this ^^? If you did the captcha on a browser to post this, then it should've unlocked your account and let you log in with Tapatalk now.