Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

SAW

Re: Crantock 2010 Gathering - 25/26/27 June

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Got back earlier today alot quicker than it took getting down there :roll: It was bloody hot and my legs are killing me from walking up those sand banks :lol:

A few of pics, sorry didn't take that many.

sftonkin
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:24 pm

Got back an hour ago -- nice to be home, but would have been nice ot have stayed longer. What everyone else said about convivial company, etc., and nice to meet new people (and to apologise to Bill for the "hollow" quip :lol: ).

SAW wrote:
Got back earlier today alot quicker than it took getting down there :roll:

Took us about an hour longer -- the "Friends of the A303" were holding a convention just east of Mere, so last bit was exploring country lanes on Cranborne Chase...

It was bloody hot and my legs are killing me from walking up those sand banks :lol:

Tell me about it -- my thighs are still full of lactic acid!

benjai

Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:08 pm

jaydub wrote:
Another year, another Crantock.

Bright sunshine and onshore winds all weekend.

The flying was great, but it is the people that really make it special.

A chance to meet old friends and make new ones.

All in all, a top weekend. :thumbsup:

+1. Had a great time on Saturday, and got a go on a couple of interesting kites (thanks Richard and Bill).

As for journey - a little under 600 miles at an average 59mph was quite pleasing...

See you all next year!

Jest_of_EVE
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Location: The exact opposite side of the planet to New Zealand - Bummer!

Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:41 pm

We really missed being there this year :(

Still, the trade-off is a week in the Lake District which feels more like a proper holiday in August and much needed too.

Hope to be there next time around.

Mark

nufsed

Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:51 pm

Absolutely gutted.

took loads of photos and videos, previewed them on camera Sunday afternoon before we left and was really looking forward to getting them home on the pc. Got home at 9pm to find memory card error and no way of viewing pics. :(

Apart from that the weekend was a blast. Great to meet the whole gang and thanks for all the hospitality showed by all. Tom hasn't stopped talking about it yet and wants me to move to Cornwall:)

Thanks again to everyone who attended and gave out kiting tuition and tips free of charge.

Darren & Tom

PS

anyone got some more photos/vids to post so I can remember the weekend.
Gemini, Rev, 10ft Flexi, Fury .85 (That I still can't fly but Tom Can :), Yellow DS, White/Green DSUL

Tregolwyn

Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:28 pm

Top weekend, we all really enjoyed it. Crantock is stunning as was walking back from the pub over the sand dunes under a red tinted moon.

Great bunch of people and already planning to return next year.

So lucky with the weather, it actually started to rain as we got in the car on Monday afternoon for the journey home.

Reignited my enthusiasm for kite flying and realised that I have not bought a kite for nearly four years and have not bought kite lines for five years! Therefore I have decided...to buy some new lines (I have also been messing with the DS UL colouriser :-$ )

Paul

atho

Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

Yip it was a BRILLIANT long weekend, the family really enjoyed it as well :D will be there next year for sure
This photo put a smile on Dads face >>Image

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:01 pm

Much jealousy.

I am green with envy
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

benjai

Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:10 pm

Not so many photos this year, but this one was among them...

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:27 pm

nufsed wrote:
Absolutely gutted.

took loads of photos and videos, previewed them on camera Sunday afternoon before we left and was really looking forward to getting them home on the pc. Got home at 9pm to find memory card error and no way of viewing pics. :(

Have you tried any photo recovery software on the card?

There are many programs out there that claim to recover pictures of corrupted cards - I found this free one earlier today:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

I have never had need to try it, so I don't know if it works, but I would think it's worth a try (as it's free).
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

jaydub

Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:37 pm

Forgot to thank everybody who signed the Age 9 Birthday card in belated remembrance of my 50th.

(In case anybody who signed the card couldn't work out the significance, it was a Superman card and we all know that is the secret to the 540, don't we. :?)

A special reminder from a great weekend.

nufsed

Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:37 pm

misterbleepy wrote:
nufsed wrote:
Absolutely gutted.

Have you tried any photo recovery software on the card?

There are many programs out there that claim to recover pictures of corrupted cards - I found this free one earlier today:

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/PhotoRec

I have never had need to try it, so I don't know if it works, but I would think it's worth a try (as it's free).

Thanks Keith have found one that works great but when it asks where you want to recover the photos to it asks me to pay £30 for the priviledge :(

not that i'm tight or anything but that could buy me some new lines and stuff :)

Trying to find a hacked version at present but may end up paying for them in the end. it was too good a weekend to lose my pics and videos

thanks Keith

PS tried the one you proposed but it doesn't detect my memory card only hard drives :(
Gemini, Rev, 10ft Flexi, Fury .85 (That I still can't fly but Tom Can :), Yellow DS, White/Green DSUL

nufsed

Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am

Cracked it and pics recovered LOL :)

Here are a few for you

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Check out toms legs ???????
LOL

Happy again :)

benjai

Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:23 pm

Well I finally got off my arse and edited down the video I took. I figured it deserved its own thread, so you can find it here
Hope you like it.

nufsed

Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:15 pm

benjai wrote:
Well I finally got off my arse and edited down the video I took. I figured it deserved its own thread, so you can find it here
Hope you like it.

Nice one Benjai.

You got my son Tom at 7.20 mins which he will love ( not so much the flapjack though) :)