Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Portsmouth Kite Festival

Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:41 am

Timetable is now released. Looking forward to all the pair/team-flying, of course, but especially to Cerfs-Volants Folie and to Team Karasu. Never seen Karasu perform, but on the few videos I saw of them, they were flying Rev Blasts. So something new to look forward to!

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Re: Portsmouth Kite Festival

Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:48 am

Great festival! Lucky with the weather, given the forecasts last week. Cerfs-Volants Folie were great, and thoroughly enjoyed seeing Karasu perform. Plus that Flying Fish got a slot on both days to fly their routine! TC managed to squeeze us in, even though we weren't officially on the programme.

Blog post will follow shortly, but photos are here.

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:40 am

Blog post, mostly from a team-flying perspective, here.

Jezza

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:15 am

I also thought it was a great fest, the place seemed to have had an invisible rain repellant! I really enjoyed Karasu, they made people smile and that's what it should be about. Enjoyed your routine FF! made a nice change from the program of almost round the clock rev teams ;)
Clearly, I'm part of the problem.

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

Glad you liked our flying (despite Irma slipping and me then becoming distracted and getting the next call wrong)! And Karasu was great. Plus they're delightful people. At the end, they asked all flyers to sign their banner, which I thought was a great idea.