Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Weymouth Kite Festival

Mon May 06, 2013 8:25 am

Beautiful sunny day yesterday, but the wind came over the hotels rolling on to the beach, so full of turbulence, holes, layers, etc, etc. Airheads, Team Flame, and Close Encounters were really struggling, but still managed to fly their respective routines. Lots of single-liners in the sky as well (especially Longbottom-made ones).

Blog post here and more pictures here.

Keithgrif
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re: Weymouth Kite Festival

Mon May 06, 2013 11:16 pm

Less wind today, but off the sea so smooth. Sea mist came and went all day, making for some strange flying, never had the situation before where I couldn't see my kite on the end of the lines, only 25m away!

Well done to the trickout participants: Tony Shiggins (Sunday winner), Peter Taylor, Tim Rohn (Saturday winner), Barry Savell, Fran Burstall and me :-) and to Vee for the commentary.
Keith
STACK UK
National Director 2006-2012

ExGrads pairs, fourth in Europe 2011!!!
Airheads team, 10th in the world 2012

Flying Fish
Topic Author

Tue May 07, 2013 8:33 am

never had the situation before where I couldn't see my kite on the end of the lines

That must have been really weird! And flying threads when you can't see your own and the other kites will have been, uhm, interesting ... :lol:

uktotty

Wed May 08, 2013 10:54 pm

Monday was like a smoke storm in a night club, such bad mist but nice warm day.
really disappointed with the lack of a 2 line arena, we went for a drive to the top of a nice grassy knoll to do a couple of hours of flying, well done to the stunt winners, loved the old school stuff.
Benson DS - Fury Full Size - Rev 1.5SUL - Rev 1.5 SLE - Alpha Plus - Cody - 3 Symphony's - 2 NPW's - Viper - Vento - Wild Thang - Flexifoils - Elliot Mystic