Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

aerialis
Topic Author

Nordic Kite Meeting 2020!

Sat Feb 08, 2020 8:13 am

Hi all!

Starting on May 25th and continuing to May 31st 2020, the Nordic Kite Meeting is happening on the beautiful sandy beach of Blokhus, Denmark!

Kite flyers from all around gather for a week of hanging out, flying kites and having all the fun in the world. SLKs, duallies or quads, just bring your stuff and join us on the beach.

In the weekend (May 30th-31st) you can also take part in the Blokhus-Løkken Wind Festival comprising wind activities for young and old.

Check out our web page for more information on the events!

...and see ya' on the beach! 8)

Sven A
--
AERIALIS Kites
http://kites.aerialis.no/

711jrp

Re: Nordic Kite Meeting 2020!

Sat Feb 08, 2020 11:55 am

I hope you have better luck than us , we can't get three people together over here...
Pete
Fivers are alive
50% of the dognappers

Exult

Re: Nordic Kite Meeting 2020!

Sat Feb 08, 2020 6:25 pm

711jrp wrote:
I hope you have better luck than us , we can't get three people together over here...

To my understanding they have been ”lucky” year after year. I remember the 2018 event (the only one I have attended) as a figuratively and literally bright (sunny) event and memory. It was the largest number of skilled quad line and dual kiters that I have seen at one time during this millennium (but on the other hand it is the only larger event of similar character I have been to). The same goes with the single lines kites who had the neighbouring area on the beach– they were all impressive ”real kites” - never seen anything like it (could not see much interaction between the two areas though).

Impressed, I wrote a long blogpost about it which got *nearly* finished and ended up ”in my drawer”... Here is the short text/image version:

https://kitelife.com/forum/gallery/imag ... ting-2018/