Moderators: Craig, Andy S

roisinroisin22

Re: Northern Monkeys Kite Group. Filey 2014

Sat Aug 30, 2014 6:58 pm

a big "IN" for me , curry , beers , flying , bbq and great company

honchoboy

Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:41 am

In. Think I will have to arrive on Saturday morning for this one and leave Sunday evening.

We always try and bring something new to each Filey meet and build upon the last. The previous fly saw the addition of county flags for each flyer (if you are planning on coming please PM me asap and i'll try to get your flag), a superb trick out comp, ice cream van doing the rounds, a movie night projected onto the camper (this may not occur this one :-( ), KAP photography taking superb photos, even a fly past of a Vulcan bomber, spitfire, Lancaster bomber and hurricane. Ok the last part wasn't down to us lol.

So what's new for this one? Let's start with Jam Roly Poly and custard after Steves legendary curry night, new kites - Superfly (x2), Deep Space Vtd, a Zero 1.1 glider from Horvath, and the cherry on the cake...a Skykiller UL from Lumokites (big respect to Antonis) to try out. I believe we are the first in the UK to get our hands on one of these beauty's.

So will Simon retain his trickout crown or will some new blood knock him off the pedestal and proudly get to sign the flying monkey kite? Get down to Filey and find out.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:07 am

We have some serious head wetting to do on the Saturday night so I shall bring this along. Sundays flying should be interesting.

ImageIMAG0229 by hawkerhunter, on FlickrImageIMAG0227 by hawkerhunter, on FlickrImageIMAG0228 by hawkerhunter, on Flickr

:D :D :D :D :D
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:55 am

Just 6 days to go to this final meeting at Filey for 2014. The long range forecast is looking very promising and were hoping for a repeat of 2012 when we had some great weather. Hopefully we will see some new faces at the meeting. Our regular hard core group will be their for the duration so if you fancy calling in for one of the days then just head for the car park and fields on the cliff tops.
Just a reminder that these are informal fly meets to give freestyle kite flyers a chance to meet up, fly and talk kites, drink, eat,sleep and generally just have fun at a great relaxed location with good fascilities. :D :D

All the best guys.
Nmkg

adicakes
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:57 am

VF30 is due to be announced any day now, so be sure to get some flying on video. :)

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:29 pm

We'll see what we can do Adrian. Hopefully we will do the filming before "Shackletons" whiskey gets whacked on the Saturday night :badgrin:

roisinroisin22

Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:15 pm

a "lil bird " has let slip , that due to the nights been of a cooler nature the curry will be a touch hotter this time , thanks chef !!!!!

toilet roll in the fridge me thinks

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:08 pm

I thought you would like that mate. It's all done. :D
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

honchoboy

Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:59 pm

Movie night is now confirmed for the saturday night after the curry. We will be projecting Trick or Treat onto the side of Shaun's camper. Shaun gets big respect - he has also hand produced a wooden trophy for the trick out. I will try and get a pic up of it..its gob-smackingly good.

And thanks to Simon we also have an NMKG mug for the most improved flyer.

So with almost perfect weather predicted there is probably a trick flyers perfect weekend coming up.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

I hate watching "Trick or Treat" it reminds me of just how much I still have to learn. It never gets any easier. :-(
Steve

In the bag

roisinroisin22

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:34 pm

pfffffft ,

curry
bbq
ale`s
whiskey
cider
flying
sunshine
sunblock
prizes
movie
good friends
UL winds on a beech

horrible weekend then LOL :-p

jaydub

Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:57 pm

Have a great time. :) Well perhaps not that great otherwise you'll be wanging on about it for aeons. ;)

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:32 pm

Cheers Jon. Were still working on getting you across one time. :D
Steve

In the bag

jaydub

Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:11 pm

I seem to have an uncanny ability to book my holidays to clash with your events. Maybe next year, although I can't see getting a pass out for Barcelona. ;)

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Sun Sep 14, 2014 8:30 pm

So the Filey weekend is over. The event was a great success particularly because the weather and winds were great. It was sad that Mark Clements was not able to make this one and Yan had to pull out on the 12th hour. You were missed guys. We had a few new faces come up for the meeting. Gary Hope came over from Leeds on Friday and Phil and his wife Gill traveled up from Scunthorpe for the duration. We suspect Phil who is a member of the NKG will be a regular not just at Filey but at our Ponty fly meets. Great to have him on board..
The trick out was a battle to the end and the results will be posted by Ian Perks in due course. I am told Steve has over 60 minutes of video to edit down so that should keep him busy for some time. He is hoping to get something together within a week. It was another great social get together and hopefully we will see some of you next year. So watch this space for any post Filey updates and vids.

NMKG

PS We promise we wont bang on about Jon, just a little vid, or two, or three lol :D