Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

shaun

Re: NMKG Filey flyovers '13: 'In' 5-7 July & 'Out' 13-15 Sep

Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:14 pm

hello monkey's

great weekend, just watched video nice to see you managed to show me doing one of my new found axel trick, I will be practicing for next time.

already put some feelers out to find a Deep Space hope to have one soon.

thanks for the weekend.

shaun

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:07 am

It was great to see you at Filey Shaun. Ill keep an eye open for a deep space for you. Keep an eye on ebay as well. Hope to see you at Roils Head or Ponty some time.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

http://www.facebook.com/northernmonkeyskitegroup.nmkg

northern kite monkey
Topic Author

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:42 am

With just over two weeks to go it's probably a good time to start discussions on the second Northern Monkey meet up at Filey. The event will run from Friday 13th September until Sunday 15th September 2013.

This is a very informal and relaxed meeting and everyone is invited. The past three meetings have been a great success. The one we held in July was a scorcher. The venue is the same as before , The Filey Brigg Caravan and Camping park. Details are as previously posted in this thread. Steve will be making a large curry to suppliment the BBQ's and beer and as we start to say goodbye to the summer this really is a great chance to meet up before Autumn starts to hit us.

So who's coming out to play? :D :D

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:49 am

I will be there. Hope to get on site for about 2pm on Friday and will stay until Sunday evening. Can people who are coming and wanting to partake in the curryfest please send me a PM. If I'm not mistaken if we follow the same format as July we will all have a communal BBQ on the Friday evening and one on Sunday midday so everyone is fed before travelling home.
Steve

In the bag
Talon UL, Talon standard(x2), Talon vented, Talon SUL Prism Q Pro, Elixir, Zephyr, E3, E2, Hypnotist, Nexus, 3D, Micron

Yan

Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Gutted I can't make it, the last weekend was great - friendly and easy going.

honchoboy

Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:53 pm

100% in. Planning on arriving 12pm Friday and going home late on Sunday. Will book a pitch tomorrow. Might just be me this time as our lass is keeping a rain-check before committing.

3 weeks to go and my tastebuds are already getting excited over the thought of Steves famous curry.
Ian
Northern Monkeys Kite Group

UK STACK Freestyle Champion '18

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:24 pm

You and Jack will be missed Yan, hopefully next time.

Your on the list for curry Ian. Fingers crossed that Tim gets the BSF sorted in time for the meeting. Looking forward to seeing that and your fleet of sixth sense builds.
Steve

In the bag

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:18 pm

Pitch is booked, curries are made and so far the weather is looking good for Friday and Saturday. Winds looking a bit strong for the Sunday. If you get there before me Ian can you block off a pitch next to you. I wont get there till about 2pm on Friday. Cheers mate.
Steve

In the bag

honchoboy

Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Hawkerhunter wrote:
....curries are made...If you get there before me Ian can you block off a pitch next to you.

For your curry Steve I'd even stretch to putting up your tent :-P

Sunday looks fierce - upto 30mph gusts but Friday and Saturday should be sweet.
Ian

Hawkerhunter
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Well that was a tough weekend weather wise. Got some good flying in on Friday but not until evening. Saturday was windy enough to challenge even the venteds (and Shaun with his power kite and buggy) till about 3pm when it calmed right down which gave us a chance to try out Ians new sixth sense (stunning) and Shaun's recently aquired Benson DS and Gemmini (Great kites)

Yan, probably a good thing that you didn't travel up, you would have been well p..s..d off with the winds but you do need to tell young Jack that he's got some competition. Shauns lad Ben who is 7 was flying his two lined kite and managing to land it consistantly on the edge of the window unaccompanied. Great stuff.

In the end when we firmed up on the weather showing for Sunday we decided that common sense should prevail and bailed out before the storms hit. Whilst the flying was not as good as was hoped for it was still great to meet and catch up with everyone.
Steve

In the bag

honchoboy

Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Weather certainly was against us. But there was one of them 'kiting memories' for me on the Friday evening. The wind dropped and we ventured out in the rain. Headphones on, waterproof jacket, hood up, nice and warm, and a beautiful back drop of the sea and Filey. Was just one of those moments when you couldn't wish to be anywhere else.

Curry was fantastic Steve (yet again).Great weekend.
Ian