Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Andy S

Piyush
Topic Author

West London

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:43 pm

Hi there
I live in Hounslow (West London) and am a newbie wanting to learn more slackline tricks (i just about managed my first axle this weekend - but it was probably more to do with luck than skill! :oops: )

Is there anyone out there that flys locally to me that would be willing to show me the ropes on my quantum?

cheers

Piyush
pea-you-sh
:)

Popeye

Re: West London

Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:25 am

Hi Piyush welcome to the forum. I fly in Gunnersbury park near Brentford most Sunday afternoons.

Piyush
Topic Author

Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:14 am

Hey Dave
Thanks, thats just up the road from me so i'll relocate my flying to there (from Lampton Park) and hope to see you there maybe this sunday if the weather isn't too harsh
:D
Piyush
pea-you-sh

Popeye

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:03 pm

Nice one be good to meet up.

Piyush
Topic Author

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:16 pm

hey Dave,
was good to meet up yesterday, thanx for your advice and letting me try your Deep Space, very nice kite, much easier to trick than my heavy quantum.

And for anyone else interested in flying in West London, Gunnersbury park is just off the A40 and has toilet facilites and a cafe too (and free parking), so please come along, the more the merrier (at the moment we're out numbered by power-kiters lol)

Thanks again & hope to see you next sunday afternoon

Cheers

Piyush
pea-you-sh

Popeye

Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:15 pm

Your welcome Piyush, good to meet Sunday welcome to the long slippery slope :lol:

philkiter

Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi guys
I live in Reading and so far you are nearer than anybody else i've found on the forum. Wouldn't mind coming to fly with you next time you're going out, perhaps you could give me a pm?
Cheers
Phil
Life is for living, we are here for a good time, we are not here for a long time!

A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind.

Piyush
Topic Author

Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Hi Phil
Sounds good, would be good if you joined us, i'm hoping to be there this Sunday afternoon (weather & my messy garden permitting lol)
:D
Piyush
pea-you-sh

philkiter

Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 pm

Hi Piyush, Sunday could well be doable, weather and family permitting! Please don't expect too much more than questions and nosedives from me! And the occasional whoop when something actually works!
Phil
Life is for living, we are here for a good time, we are not here for a long time!

A certain amount of opposition is a great help to a man. Kites rise against, not with, the wind.

Piyush
Topic Author

Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Dont worry Phil, i'm in the same boat as you - but Dave (Popeye) should be there to answer our questions - he knows his stuff and is very helpful and approachable.
btw - just checked bbc weather - sunday afternoon looks like rain, oh well, there's always the sunday after :-/
cheers
Piyush
pea-you-sh