Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Kamikaze

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Front Page

Sun May 03, 2009 10:57 pm

As the front page stands it is poor and does not promote modern trick flying. As such I have made a start at a new layout for the front page based on the Mind-map this has not been easy given the restrictions of Wiki code this is my idea so far.

http://fracturedaxel.co.uk/wiki/tiki-index.php?page=Front+Page

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon May 04, 2009 9:42 pm

Am I right in thinking that you intend to remove a layer and put the subheadings from each index on the front page?

If that is correct, I think it will make the front page very laborious to work through. I'd much rather keep it the way it is, it makes more sense to me.

But, standard disclaimer, my opinion only, worth what you paid for it.

Oops, I really should read all of the threads before commenting. :oops:

But I still think it may be easier to put mind map on as another index, possibly the most prominent if that is permitted by the wiki code.

Please somebody, shout me down.
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.

misterbleepy
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Mon May 04, 2009 11:18 pm

I think I have all the links in the mind map pointing to the (hopefully) correct wiki pages now.

Obviously I'm biased, but I do use it as a front end to the wiki.
If there's anything I can do to it to make it more suitable, let me know.
Keith B
--
Kite Tricks mind map

bleep bleep bleep

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter
Topic Author

Tue May 05, 2009 5:27 am

It is that as the front page stands it is mostly out of date and needs updating. The above is just one idea of how that could be done. By updating the Functional menu and only including the more popular tricks. Then including the alphabetical index at the top of the page the home page as it stands could be removed.

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

Vee
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Tue May 05, 2009 8:20 am

Thank you David, I think I understand now.

I still disagree, but not as much! I still think it will be too much to be all on one page, perhaps if you just left the headings, eg, horizontal flight, vertical flight etc it might be managable as a page, but that may make a lot more work for you or contradict what you're aiming for (I've just noticed that there would be a one click facility for the more common tricks).

But I'm still waiting to be shouted down, the real trick fliers comments would be worth so much more than mine, especially those who used the wiki to learn to trick.

(I do use the wiki to learn, but my learning pace is so slow & aimed strongly at what would look good in precision)
Love Veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Needs to fly more, now that I can.