Sport, Trick and Freestyle Kite Flying Forum

Moderators: Craig, Davey, Yan, Zippy8

DWayne
Topic Author

VF13 The Pilots

Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:42 pm

I was just curious how long everyone has been flying dual lines? It won't effect my scoring as I've already sent my score sheet in.
I've been flying for 20 months.

Denny
Rehab is for Quitters

jared

Re: VF13 The Pilots

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:10 am

DWayne wrote:
I was just curious how long everyone has been flying dual lines? It won't effect my scoring as I've already sent my score sheet in.
I've been flying for 20 months.

Denny

About 18 months for me, started in February of 2008.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 am

Well,I flew a Peter Powell a few times back in the seventies........

Kamikaze
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:09 am

I also flew a Peter Powell, mine was bright orange with an aluminium frame until I took it out in high wind and brought it home all bent. :cry:

David
I am Editing the Wiki anything you would like adding please PM me.

ObijuanKenobe

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:14 am

I think this is even a little misleading given some folks can actually fly more than once per month. I have seen myself make progress in leaps, depending on how often I fly in a given month. I learned most of what little I can do in the last year and a half I was in the NL, back when I was flying at least once per week. Since leaving on Jan 1, 2008, I find myself relearning more than progressing.

I am sure with another two weeks dedicated to kiting (provided at least 5 days were with decent weather), I could reverse my comete. :roll: I was almost there two weeks ago. Somehow, I am afraid this ain't happening in Norway.

obi
"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." L daVinci

aerialis

Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:52 am

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
...Somehow, I am afraid this ain't happening in Norway.

Never say never! I'll be at Ekeberg for sure on Aug 9th (and perhaps some times before that as well). Maybe with common effort ... if you manage to make that trip from Trondheim! :-)
Sven A
--
AERIALIS Kites
http://kites.aerialis.no/

mama74

Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:05 am

I have been flying for almost 5 years now. The last 2-3 years about 200-300 hours per year.
I really think I should be much better, considering the time I put in... but, hey... I'm having fun :D

Infinitive

Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:19 pm

Four years. I'm much better when the camera isn't rolling - honest!

I've reached a horrible plateau where the tricks I can't do are boringly difficult to get consistent: ie yofades, copters, ciniques and of course bleeding coin tosses. I tend to go out, try the tricks I can't do if the wind will let me, get bored of tangling the kite, retreat to just doing JLs for two hours, go home. Not improving one iota with this regime.....
-------------------------------------- Al --------------------------------------

Pierre

Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:27 pm

Infinitive wrote:
Four years. I'm much better when the camera isn't rolling - honest!

I think we all are.. :cool:
I am flying kites since August 2005...before that i was a very fanatic carpangler. I started trickflying May 2006 ..and thought i would never learned that.
Until i met Kareloh , Obi , and Kaasplank...than it all started to work.

DWayne
Topic Author

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:06 pm

ObijuanKenobe wrote:
I think this is even a little misleading given some folks can actually fly more than once per month. I have seen myself make progress in leaps, depending on how often I fly in a given month. I learned most of what little I can do in the last year and a half I was in the NL, back when I was flying at least once per week. Since leaving on Jan 1, 2008, I find myself relearning more than progressing.

I am sure with another two weeks dedicated to kiting (provided at least 5 days were with decent weather), I could reverse my comete. :roll: I was almost there two weeks ago. Somehow, I am afraid this ain't happening in Norway.

obi

Are you running for office? :lol: Two paragraphs and you didn't answer the question. But I do agree. The more often you fly the faster you learn. Prevailing wind conditions add to the learning curve as well. And as Pierre said, having other fliers to learn from makes a difference too.

Denny
Rehab is for Quitters

tspdk

Fri Jul 17, 2009 2:57 pm

I startet april 2003

But freestyle and trick and ballet the last 4 years
Best Regards
Thomas

benjai

Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:00 pm

14 months for me...

(I'm not counting the Peter Powell experience 20 years ago)...

buzzbee

Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:27 pm

I've actually been flying on and off for about 20 years. Started with 2 lines, got bored of just flying in circles and ground passes, so I moved on to 4 lines. I got intrigued by trick flying and got myself a Box of Tricks, but unfortunately struggled on my own trying to learn how to get it to do anything special. So finally in the past 3 years I started to learn true trick flying. Unfortunately, I have years of experience twizzling that I am struggling to unlearn as I try to slack line fly.

Brian

tpatters

Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:35 am

2 years now - I fly as much as I can but usually only get out for an hour at at time.

I've only been working on tricks for the last year, but I'm totally hooked - I'm sure that I will be still be flying 10 years from now.

Stan Doff
FA Supporter
FA Supporter

Re:

Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:03 pm

Pierre wrote:
I am flying kites since August 2005...before that i was a very fanatic carpangler.

How does one pangle a car?